BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Blending/Mixing Fuels  Hop To Forums  General Blending Discussion    Please leave each other alone!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please leave each other alone!
 Login/Join

2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
The advantage of Ghost Posting is that if the troll does not figure out what is happening, he moves on voluntarily. If he figures it out, then it will not work.

I don't know how sophisticated the ghost posting software is at this time.

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ignore function is simpler and easier to use. I've solved the troll problem as far as I'm concerned. I'm not seeing problems anymore unless someone quotes the trolls.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why hide the ID of the troll ?
Not sure who it is .

Location: St.Paul | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it would help to go back & look at the beginning , I'm just used to some of these getting so long that I need a reminder , old farters , is catching up .
There some thing is the water/air , I do not think there is a group anywhere that isn't having this issue .

Location: St.Paul | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh good lord people. This is like dajavou. I leave ya'll alone for 3 weeks and you're at eachother's throats. It's like a flashback to the last time these guys got into it. Just give input to a question or comment and let people take what they want from it. If they get a few differing opinions then let the person make their own conclusion or ask more questions. If there wasn't so much debilitating substance to these posts toward one another there might actually be some useful information in the mix. Now in my own experience I have gotten lots of good information from about everybody here who has been on in the last 6-8 months. I have gotten nothing but good information from all sources. Wether it pertained particularly to my case since I have ford ps's or not. If not then I let it go and move on. There's no use in getting mad about it. I personally didn't like being on that whole 100% moderated postings thing like last time. So just suck it up and get along or leave! Ya bunch of babies!!!

Location: wichita area Ks. | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've noticed an emerging trend recently. As the economic situation becomes more and more uncertain, and nobody seems to have any answers, people are becoming scared and extremely argumentative over almost anything. They don't know what to do, and they feel that any control over their lives is slipping away as the future of the status quo becomes more and more uncertain. I'm especially noticing this on a wide variety of internet forums, not just this one. The blue collar folks with computers are becoming more and more personally abusive, and increasingly vulgar. Compared with most of the other forums this one remains remarkably civil.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This one is civil?! I spend most of my time on Paleo Planet, and while we have some issues every now and then I'd have to say that it's a civil forum, where people generally know how to show respect to each other even if they don't like each other. This forum, however, can be flat-out abusive!

Dan

99.5 Jetta TDI, Elsbett single-tank (incl. modified injectors & glow plugs, FPHE, heated filters), running on WVO/Diesel blend

Location: Oregon | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, if you want to see abusive, have a look at one of the forums devoted to off-road 4x4 enthusiasts. They make this place look like a Sunday church social. They're very knowledgeable Toyota diesel mechanics, but I don't ascribe to their "tear-up-the-planet, who cares?" "mudder mentality"'. That disrespectful attitude carries over into almost every topic of conversation.

I suspect that paleo-planet attracts a much more intellectual audience, who by their nature are less inclined to engage in abusive name calling and personal attacks to make their points.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coyo~:
This one is civil?! I spend most of my time on Paleo Planet, and while we have some issues every now and then I'd have to say that it's a civil forum, where people generally know how to show respect to each other even if they don't like each other. This forum, however, can be flat-out abusive!

Dan
You've not seen abusive then. This forum is fairly respectful, with some notable intermittent exceptions.

'05 CRD B100
'01 TDi B100

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While we are on the topic of abusive forums. I have noticed that this forum is one of the most abusive and hostile bio-fuels forums I have observed. I believe the reason why this forum is so abusive, is due to the moderators not taking responsibility for weeding out the trolls. You will note that most of the abuse seems to come from just one person, or is a response to his abuse, but the moderators here do not seem to be interested in weeding him out. Also, I believe you will all notice that the abuse here is reserved for those who advocate blending with gasoline.

You will find that BurnVeg.com forums is mostly a non-violent forum, where you will not find the troll in question. However, you will also find that the moderators there are deeply offended by those who advocate blending with gasoline, so they can become very offensive, but nowhere as offensive as the troll on this forum. But, they will be abusive to and/or ban anyone who advocates blending with gasoline.

The most abusive forum toward blending in any form was vegoil-diesel, where the troll that infests this forum remained abusing blenders there until for two years last June, when the forum moderator was finally disgusted even with that trolls unrestrained offensive behavior. The forum moderator then took to banning anyone who advocated blending at all. Sadly that forum nearly died over the summer with such heavy handed moderation, but has revived somewhat by, ironically, taking to free and open dialog with blenders and even tolerating discussion of gasoline blends.

The most consistently respectful bio-fuels forums I have found so far are vegetableoildiesel.co.uk and veggie_fuel_blennders. Neither tolerate abusive people and they both provide useful information and they are consistently supportive of those who advocate blending with gasoline. And, both forums have banned the troll that infests this forum. You can find them at the following URLs:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/veggie_fuel_blennders/
http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bio_cowboy,

Location: Amarillo, TX | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bio_cowboy:
You will find that BurnVeg.com Forums is mostly a non-violent forum, where you will not find the troll in question. However, you will also find that the moderators there are deeply offended by those who advocate blending with gasoline, so they can become very offensive, but nowhere as offensive as the troll on this forum. But, they will be abusive to and/or ban anyone who advocates blending with gasoline.

Thats not true at all. There are plenty of RUG blenders there who post regularly. The only person ever banned there was Jeffrey Brooks, because he became abusive to many people there and was posting life threatening incorrect information about RUG blends.

YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary, see www.burnveg.com/forum
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4
Zero fossil house- 100% solar power and heat.

Location: N. Colorado | Registered: August 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe the reason why this forum is so abusive, is due to the moderators not taking responsibility for weeding out the trolls.

Careful with those sorts of comments. About the only way to get banned from here is by criticizing the moderators for not doing their job.

<DCS>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by bio_cowboy:

You will find that BurnVeg.com Forums is mostly a non-violent forum, where you will not find the troll in question. However, you will also find that the moderators there are deeply offended by those who advocate blending with gasoline, so they can become very offensive

But, they will be abusive to and/or ban anyone who advocates blending with gasoline.

HORSE HOCKEY!

I have posted numerous times about RUG blending on Burn veg and never had a problem nor seen any discussion on RUG blending in any way stifled.

There are the obsessives that seem to have some sort of twisted ideal that posting information to their precise beliefs on the topic is like some kind of imperative information that is crucial to the survival of mankind and the known universe! Roll Eyes

Clearly these people need to take a step back and realise what they are talking about which is only motor fuel and lighten up.
If people aren't interested or don't take on the same obsessive preoccupation the person posting about it does, Big deal!
It's not going to cause the end of the world! Roll Eyes

These obsessive types often post huge numbers of links to different sites and threads which I am sure few, if indeed any, people even look at for the simple fact they are most likely put off by the posters incessant accusations about plots to overthrow the activity of RUG blending!

The person in question on the Burnveg forum became overly obsessive and insulting and from what I saw, refused to be appeased even when there was not a thing to complain about in the first place. In doing so, he became himself a pest just the same as another current mentally deficient retard that undermines blending discussions and is clearly a mentally imbalanced individual just through the time they devote to their long and pointless diatribes.

I have never seen any evidence to suggest the burn veg forums mods have anything against RUG blending and certainly neither do I, but in the same situation, I would have banned the person in question even sooner.

I have sent many post alerts to the moderators here over the last week or so about the posts of some dilettantes but have yet to get any sort of acknowledgment they have been received or have I seen any action taken.
This was also the case last time when I received a bunch of foul PM's and reported them all. I did get an acknowledgment for them after the parasite sending them was already banned which was over a month after I sent the alerts.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DCS>
posted
I can't stand this idiodicy any more. Mad

Bi cowboy, Jeffery, Jumbawamba or what ever the hell name you want to try to elevate your non existent status with....

Please stop quoting my posts in your maniacal and deranged efforts to endlessly shove your maligned perception of Rug blending down peoples throats. I do not agree with your paranoid delusions that every forum has some secret agenda to suppress " meaningful dialog" on rug blending nor the insults and dispersions you cast upon those running these sites and their members.

It is about time you realized it's not RUG blending conversations these forums do not want, it's your endless babble, long boring lists of links and the general crap you spout forth with the unmitigated psychopathic hysteria that fills your truly troubled mind. The reason the world seems against you is because you have lost all touch with reality, rational thinking and are not of sound mental health. Your worst enemy and greatest detractor that is doing the most damage to your reputation and credibility it YOU! You need to get in touch with reality and realise the cause you champion is nothing more than an alternative motor fuel. You are not trying to spread the word of some miracle cure for a disease that afflicts millions, your just talking about another way people can fuel their vehicles. If people don't want to take up your cause or suggestion, it makes no difference to you or the world.
Wake up and realise this before your paranoia completely overtakes you and ruins your life completely.

Understand there is no way I want be mistakenly associated with you or thought to be supporting your paranoid views in any way. I adamantly do not wish to be seen as a tool in your padded shed or a follower of idiotic mantra.
If you want to continue pushing your imbalanced views and accusations, do it without quoting me thanks.
To make it clear, I do not support your views on Rug blending or your associated hysteria and paranoia in any way and I do not give you permission ever to quote me at any time or for any reason.

As for the other imbalanced individual hell bent on making himself out to be a knowledgeable, creditable and rational person, You are just as much in need of help as the person you constantly target ( maybe more in need) and the length and content of your rants shows you to be a person clearly with too much time on their hands which they devote to irrational and disturbing use.

I am constantly amazed at the amount of time you continually commit to trying to make yourself out to be someone of much higher intellect than you are in command of and trying to undermine and demean others for the purpose of your self elevation.
You are the lowest of the low for the simple reason your motivations are all selfish and impure where at least the other person you attack is in their own disturbed mind trying to champion a cause they believe others can benefit from. As such you are in no position to criticize or put down anyone at all.

While I have argued and fought with many here, I have at least been able to respect these people for the valid points and information they have put forward and their belief that their ideas were correct and helpful to others. You have never put forward any information that wasn't driven by selfishness nor put forward any comment that was not to further self serving agenda's.

Its a pity your obvious illness and obsession is not directed to a lot more worthwhile purposes instead of polluting forums like this normally frequented by people who actually have something useful to contribute. Your diatribes and holier than thou drivel fools no one into believing you are anything but a very sick and disturbed individual.
Your alias fools no one and the comments you direct to the person that you clearly have an unhealthy preoccupation with would be funny if they weren't such a tragic venting of the inner dislike you have for yourself as a person. I am sure your parents were good, honest and hardworking people that did their very best to raise a son they could be proud of, but I bet if they knew what you have become and how you spend your time in the vindictive way you do, they would be beside themselves wondering where the hell they ever went wrong?

You both obviously are very lonely and insecure people that are coming here for the sole intention of gaining the attention and respect of people which you desperately crave but never receive in your everyday pathetic lives. The way you carry on at each other, it would surprise me not in the slightest to learn you are ex-Lovers, were mistakenly discharged from the same mental health facility or are personas and figments of the imagination of one single schizophrenic psychopath.
The two of you need to go get some help and stop boring the living hell out of everyone here with your endless garbage and worthless drivel.

No one wants or appreciates you presence here so stop making such pathetic laughing stocks of yourselves and go do something productive and useful with your time that will earn you some honor and appreciation instead of the contempt and pity you attract now.

Please go ahead with the rebuttals and retribution at my comments which will no doubt strike an uncomfortable Chord of truth deep within your souls because your behaviors will automatically dictate that you reinforce everything I have said in any reply you make.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
1978_300D & bio-cowboy have both been banned from these forums. If anyone believes that they register and post under a new name please let me know by flagging the message or sending me a PM. Thanks,

Shaun

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DCS>
posted
Thank you Shaun.
There is no doubt this will do a lot to further the benefit of this board and the people whom are genuinely interested in using it for the purpose of which it is intended.

posted Hide Post
Trolling: Why nasty commenters take delight in wrecking your day

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trol...light-193221198.html

quote:
In fact, bullies and trolls do have a lot in common according to Dr. John Suler. He is a psychologist and professor ar Rider University in New Jersey, and is best known as one of the first "cyber-psychologists" and the author of The Psychology of Cyberspace.

Suler says the online world has become a playground for the sadistic, sociopathic personality.

"They're there to inflict pain because they like that," he said. "Not all the time, but often you see people with a history of being abused. They were the victims. They were vulnerable. They were hurt and now, as a way to compensate for that, when they grow up and become adults or when they go online, they turn that feeling of passivity or vulnerability into aggression. 'I'm going to do to others what was done to me.'"