BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Blending/Mixing Fuels  Hop To Forums  General Blending Discussion    Please leave each other alone!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please leave each other alone!
 Login/Join

posted
I don't know about everyone else but I am about to stop reading all the posts in which 1978 300D and Jeffrey S. Brooks are participating in, unfortunately this is just about every post! Please just stop posting all your personal remarks! Just keep to topic and let the readers decide who to believe. Personally I have learned from both of you and think in your own way you add alot to this forum but I am tired of reading the negative remarks so for the good of the forum please stop!
Rusty

posted Hide Post
Allow me to make an honest observation.

When I read Jeffery's posts there is what appears to be a can do attitude along with a good deal of information (I admit I never read the stuff he links to on yahoo because I hate registering for that stuff). Jeffery appears to be an optimist, a trait I look for in both friends and employees.

mixelpix, Patrick, whatever his name of the week may be is clearly a "the world's gonna end" type of pessimist. He posts far less pertinent information and instead tends to through is negativity into the fray. I find ways to eliminate negative people at my company and generally avoid them as friends. This is not to say that there is not some merit in his posts but all to often he tends to launch personal attacks and again has that negative "it can't or shouldn't be done" attitude about just about everything.

My experience has been that these two personality types will always clash and that negative people while sometimes helpful rarely move a company or discussion forward, these are square wheel type people who tend to disdain change and don't like to experiment or even really think about new ideas, very closeminded this type.

I've only been on this forum a relatively short amount of time and at first did not (and still don't) care for the back and forth bashing. It was very difficult for me at first to figure out whom to listen to.

Having said that I'd prefer mixelpix go away and Jeffery just not engage him, after all mixel just wants Jeff to share in is misery IMO. Not engaging, even direct personal attacks, would show which one is the better man as well as keep discussions moving forward. I have done just this sort of thing on many occasions both online and off and found ignoring negative people really works, who cares what ANYONE at a keyboard has to say about me after all, heck who cares if they say it in person. It's not what you're called but what you answer to that matters most IMO.

1986 F350 Crew Cab 2wd SRW, Granny low T-19, 6.9 diesel. Banks sidewinder turbo and chopped Peterbilt 8" stack coming soon. Also waiting on my Advance Adapters Ranger III overdrive unit. Running various WMO blends.

Location: Akron, Ohio | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 2 cent is this.
I am here to learn , help, and find new ways to use wvo as a fuel. all the kindergarden spats name calling, threats etc.needs to act like a cow pie and HIT THE DUSTY TRAIL!
Im very thankful to this forum and the folks on here helping others. jeffro please quit forum bashing. we know you have your own forum and we would vist but DO NOT run this one down please.
thats all I got to say about that.

2006 Dodge 2500 run on 50/50 of petro diesel and blend.

Location: West Georgia | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would just like to thank the intelligent posters on this forum helping everyone.Please don't abandon this forum.The two wannabe moderator experts look at me I post on every topic need to GROW UP.

Blending is experimental right,So until many years have passed and we have proven long term data no one is a absolute expert.There are many people {including me} who cannot afford fuel prices & are trying to due something about it.
I am a diesel mechanic & will share my findings good or bad.

Location: Tampa | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS:
I will be refraining from posting on this section of the forum until this pest is removed

We coud only be so lucky Roll Eyes

In the meantime why not re-read the forum terms of service? This might answer some of your questions about forum membership, moderation and administration. If ya consistently don't like what someone has to say, the admins have given us each the option of ignoring one anothers posts. Just click the handle (user name) and choose "add to my Ignore list" from the list of options.

What could be simpler?

Aloha!

posted Hide Post
Well I know one day I said some things because of medication conflict with predisone.
So maybe they are having a bad day.Maybe a Topic for folks to Vent would help.
I'm trying like everyone else to survive with these high fuel prices.

126 diesels yahoo groups
83 SD straight exhaust 94 Cobra
Cold air,real cold.Cobra electric radiator fan,Monark nozzles,10 psi electric fuel pump.85 amp alternator 12" subs.23 psi boost, 30 micron filter,an 5 micron filter added
2 tank,wvo,boost guage ,line heaters,coolant heater Fattywagons customer. 99 S320 with 75 more hp.

Location: Bristol Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
It really is as simple as the Terms of Service indicate.

1) No personal attacks - ideas can be simplistic, wrongheaded, silly, etc. - but calling a person that is a personal attack. (especially if that person is a moderator) Smile

2) Don't feed the trolls. period.

So moderation is easy, right?

Thanks all,

Bob (The Trouts)

Got Renewable Fuel?

Location: Moncure, North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2) Don't feed the trolls. period.

I know you two (You and Shaun) don't seem to want to take any correction the whole issue of tolerating trolls, but I still don't understand why the rest of the forum is expected to sit by and watch thread after thread get polluted by bully behavior.

You say "Don't feed the trolls, period".

Why not simply ban them?

Sure they would likely rejoin under a different username, but since these guys seem to be all about pride, at least continually "weeding the garden" would deny them the satisfaction of thwarting moderation and antagonising those to dissagree with their technical viewpoints.

This forum is worth it.

posted Hide Post
simply "not feeding the trolls" means they are still there right? right.
I dont see why the mods knowing full well who the cancer is in this forum doesnt perform some surgery and simply bann their IP address and be done with it.
There are some pretty smart guys in here with some great information and then there are some in here, for some dimented reason likes to get in the way of progress.

Simply the emails that this guy is sending to others on this forum are shocking enough to have them banned.
Perhaps the mods need them PM'd to them so they can see what this vile excuse for a human being has been saying to others through this forum.
Please just bann this derrilict from these forums so we can get on with our discussions peacably.

posted Hide Post
quote:
To site the terms of service in a defense of these maggots against regular users is a complete insult and dam poor form on behalf of moderators.

Geez DCS, although I share your frustration with our moderators tolerating continual trollish behavior from certain members here, I wish you hadn't quoted me.

That's only because I remembered the last time I tried to ask for a firmer hand in corrective moderation and the result that brought: I was put on moderation for about a week or two. It was the first time ever in about 3 years.

I returned here to edit my last post and soften my statement regarding our moderators' seemingly over-tolerant approact to troll management. This isn't because I have anything to hide, or mispoke, but because I don't want to offend them through public confrontation.

I value this forum and I'm genuinely thankful to Shaun for starting it up, and to Bob for volunteering to moderate, I just wish they'd verify the ugly PMs that Jeff Brooks alleges that Pat Kennedy sent to him.

If the borderline veiled death threats and accusations of perversion that Mr Brooks alleges to have recieved from Mr Kennedy are verifiable, then something should be done to curb that. A quick rove through the applicable "private messages" would hopefully verify the facts.

As I've pointed out, banning someone doesn't prevent them from resuming membership under a new username and alternative internet connection, but deactivating their current membership (banning) does send a strong/clear message to those who disrespect the forum enough to violate the common goodwill normally found here. Bannishment is a last resort, but it's a sometimes necessary resort.

I gotta figure that offenders would lose the "cheap thrill" of offense when each successive online personality is deactivated and ALL their posts deleted. A lot of work, I know, but I bet there are plenty of volunteers willing to surf the threads and report offenses to those empowered to delete posts and deactivate memberships where necessary.

This would be analgous to a small band of parking lot attendants regularly forwarding liscense plate numbers to police patrols to check for the presence of stolen cars.

Maybe that's all we need!?!?

If us members who actually care about general forum tone were to slow our thread surfing long enough to flag offensive posts more often, then maybe trolls would get the message that they were being watched and moderate themselves more.

Should I wrap some tape around the bridge of my glasses and buy a pencil pocket protector just like in The revenge of the Nerds?

posted Hide Post
Hey DCS and Tregrad, I just noticed your join dates. Here's to the class of 2005, eh!!!

posted Hide Post
class of 2005 woo hoo Im young again LOL.

I think that Jeffrey should post the emails (un edited)he recieved from this dirt bag so everyone can see. He had before somewhere but i dont have the time to look for them.
Or jeffrey perhaps you should send them to the mods.
They are WAY! bad and in direct offence of all that is decent and moral and goes way beyond any boundry of "discussion" they are pure attacks in the most vulgar of ways. If done in person im sure someone would be taking a dirt nap right about now ;-)

Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
I'm not interested in communication that occurs off of this forum.

Managing your email and your internet life is clearly your own business.

I do believe in keeping discussion focused on varying opinions and experiences surrounding the use of SVO and biodiesel as fuels.

Towards that end, I will delete personal attacks, when I see them, but will not ban members just because their opinions (as voiced on this forum - not offline emails) disagree with most others or my own.

I must say that the some of the ones currently calling for the banning of a member are the same ones who have posted personal attacks on this forum aimed at the moderators (Shaun and me) - both recently and in the past. I really am not interested in what kind of flak you might generate off list, or what you might do on or off list to deserve it - or not.

It really is as simple as staying on topic and ignoring those whose tone/advice you don't appreciate.

Hope that helps,

Bob

Got Renewable Fuel?

Location: Moncure, North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know its hard , but if you do not hang on to the chain , no one can pull it .

Location: St.Paul | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DCS>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by The Trouts:
I'm not interested in communication that occurs off of this forum.

Does this include emails through PM's on ones account here because this is where I have received emails in the past.
If they are received through PM, are you prepared to take any action if reported?

I notice some recent ones I have received have disappeared from my mail box. Why is this?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
DCS: If someone sends you an objectionable PM click on the "Report this Personal Message" icon on the bottom right of the PM.

quote:
I notice some recent ones I have received have disappeared from my mail box. Why is this?

If someone sends you a PM and than deletes it from their Personal Message space, it is also deleted from your inbox. So, if you get an objectionable PM, flag it right away. I want to know if people are abusing the PM system.

Shaun

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're wasting your time and energy with complaints. It's much simpler and far more effective to click on an offensive member's name and add them to your ignore list. Any messages from that individual are then blocked from your computer.

It's obvious that those who don't want to use the ignore function are enjoying feeding the trolls. Realize that it's a waste of time to wrestle in the mud with a pig. Sooner or later one should realize that the pig is enjoying the attention immensely.

It's very unlikely that the moderators will ban these abusive individuals, but WE can banish them by ignoring them and refusing to respond to anything they post. When they don't get the attention they are seeking then they will go away.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I have noticed from working my way through the archives here that every time there is a recurrence of hostilities on this forum, it is always the same perpetrator. The consequence is the forum goes dead for months. Then, someone comes along with something to contribute, then the same troll becomes offensive and hostilities arise again, then the forum goes dead for months again.

I would say, that it looks like the troll is intending on killing dialog here on blended fuels, so keeping him on this forum and ignoring his offensive and misinformed posts only serves his ends. So, I agree with Tregrad and DCS, the troll should be removed and every time he rejoins he should be banned again.

On DCS’s suggestion that Mr. Brooks post the offensive off-list messages he received from said troll:
It is my understanding that Mr. Brooks is unable to do that because he is still banned, whereas the troll in question has wormed his way back on to the forum and the moderators have done nothing about it.
quote:
Tregrad Posted 10 August 2008 09:26 PM simply "not feeding the trolls" means they are still there right? right.
I dont see why the mods knowing full well who the cancer is in this forum doesnt perform some surgery and simply bann their IP address and be done with it.

There are some pretty smart guys in here with some great information and then there are some in here, for some dimented reason likes to get in the way of progress.

Simply the emails that this guy is sending to others on this forum are shocking enough to have them banned. Perhaps the mods need them PM'd to them so they can see what this vile excuse for a human being has been saying to others through this forum.
Please just bann this derrilict from these forums so we can get on with our discussions peacably.
quote:
DCS Posted 11 August 2008 03:05 PM
I think that Jeffrey should post the emails (un edited)he recieved from this dirt bag so everyone can see. He had before somewhere but i dont have the time to look for them. Or jeffrey perhaps you should send them to the mods.

They are WAY! bad and in direct offence of all that is decent and moral and goes way beyond any boundry of "discussion" they are pure attacks in the most vulgar of ways. If done in person im sure someone would be taking a dirt nap right about now ;-)

Location: Amarillo, TX | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
Shaun,

A new feature showing up in some forum software is the Ghost Poster. Once a poster has been identified as a troll, he is assigned to the "Ghost Poster" membership group. Once in the group no one but the poster and the mods can see their post. Although it still appears to the Ghost Poster as if his posts are going through properly.

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a logical reason this is being dredged up?
last moderation post was agust 12 and replyied to on Dec 3.

John Gault from the TOP rope...........BAM lol

anyway Have a merry CHRISTmas everyone.