BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Blending/Mixing Fuels  Hop To Forums  General Blending Discussion    Blending Success; Cold Weather (IDI's Read!)

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blending Success; Cold Weather (IDI's Read!)
 Login/Join

posted
Fuels needed: WVO, RUG
Process:
1) 10 gallon drum with element heater, thermostat set to 74 degrees IIRC.
2) Run through dual filtering system to 1 micron.
3) Add RUG at 15% ratio, shake/blend well
4) Let settle. It will settle out into several layers. Top layer animal fat, middle is final product, bottom something wierd.
5) Pour solution through coffee filter, jeans, etc. The filters pull out the junk. You are left with the good fuel, which is very fluid with good viscosity!
6) Put into tank. I have a VW 1.6td IDI and I have just run 100% of it. Works perfect and has good viscosity. It was 16 degrees last night and still had good viscosity, marginally thicker then ULSD. Add diesel into the mixture to augment (if needed) but no more than 15% gas.

FYI: I have 1 tank the stock one, and NO fuel heaters. You don't need them and I think that should be proven. Nor is this forum about fuel heating Razz

Location: Maryland | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had my oil to "settle out" like that. I always have a very very thin settling on the bottom which I assume is water from condensation inside the storage barrels. However my oil was much thicker at 18 degrees last week.

96 Ram 2500 2WD running 90/10 WVO/RUG, 2 tank system, 10 plate FPHE
99 VW Beetle 5 speed, single tank B100
82 GMC P/U 6.2 running 85/15 WVO/RUG (Sold)

Location: Central Alabama | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you are carrying many spare vehicle fuel filters, I have to do a lot more work than that and still find you are pushing your luck once the weather drops below freezing.

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been searching this forum for answers to my blending questions for way too many hours with little success. So, I thought I'd post a topic of my own. I just need some advice on the particular blend I'm considering. I've noticed a number of John Galt's comments, and would be interested in his opinion, but also others who have similar cars in similar climates.

Our excellent online http://spanishprograms.com training programs lead you to spanishprograms - easy way to learn spanish success in the We also offer latest and E-spanyol with 100% success Internet polyglot

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Babblu,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Babblu:
I've been searching this forum for answers to my blending questions... I just need some advice on the particular blend I'm considering...
what blending questions?

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TimelessAG:
Fuels needed: WVO, RUG
Process:
1) 10 gallon drum with element heater, thermostat set to 74 degrees IIRC.
2) Run through dual filtering system to 1 micron.
3) Add RUG at 15% ratio, shake/blend well

what is RUG?

Mark

Location: Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Regular Unleaded Gasoline

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post