BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Blending/Mixing Fuels  Hop To Forums  General Blending Discussion    ASTM standard blending

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ASTM standard blending
 Login/Join

posted
i made a sample of a blend and sent it for testing.
Results were all good exept that flash point (ASTM D93) & distilation initial boiling point (ASTM D86) failed. flash point was 48 and d86 was 134. both were too low.

this was my blend 70% low sulfur diesel - 28% kerosene/paraffin and 2% wvo (waste veg oil)
what can i do to improve the flash point, the boiling point and viscosity (viscoty passed but on the low side.

im thinking of a few options.... DO YOU THINK IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK?
option 1 - adding 1% acetone and increase the wvo for viscosity
option 2 - use the same % for diesel/kero but 2% biodiesel
note: i want to keep the kero around the 25% mark . any suggestions
* will acetone improve the cetane or is there a better product that will improve the cetane and increase the flash point.

posted Hide Post
Only 2% VO or BD ? What's the point?

Most diesel fuel in N.America has at least 5% BD as a lubricity additive.

If you want to increase the flash point add up to 10% premium gasoline [no ethanol].

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
Most diesel fuel in N.America has at least 5% BD as a lubricity additive.
Really?
I have never heard that before.
Please provide a link to a reliable site that says most diesel fuel in N.America has at least 5% biodiesel as a lubricity additive

quote:
If you want to increase the flash point add up to 10% premium gasoline [no ethanol].
Really?
Please explain how adding Gasoline with a flash point of -43C to a blend of 70% low sulfur diesel - 28% kerosene/paraffin and 2% wvo with a flash point of 48 will increase the flash point.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post