BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Blending/Mixing Fuels  Hop To Forums  General Blending Discussion    Another Water Injection question
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Water Injection question
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I wanted to say thanks for all of your advise on this topic. This past weekend I FINALLY finished installing my system. It had been put on the back burner once again for the summer. I recently ran a really bad batch of fuel and had to pump it all out of the truck. Ended up contaminating both tanks. After going through half a dozen fuel filters in as many weeks, I finally sucked all the fuel out of both tanks and started all over. Much better now, but I had coked my injectors up pretty bad in the process. It was to the point that I had a hard time going up hill in 5th gear without loosing speed and blowing lots of black smoke (running WMO blend currently). I got everything hooked up on Sunday afternoon and took the truck for a spin. Went about 12 miles round trip, up and down a couple of hills, but nothing major, and tried to keep in in 4th gear so that my system would be pumping. Even in that short of time, it has made a huge difference. I have 3 or 4 pretty good hills now on the way to work (new job, different town), and I could tell a big difference this morning. I have a lot more torque in each gear (even when the water isn't on). I was able to maintain speed, and even gain some speed going up the hills in 5th gear. Even when I stand on it in 5th gear, I don't get nearly as much smoke as what I was getting before. I'm not using hardly any water at this point. The cheap pump that I bought is too small and doesn't really produce enough pressure to create a mist with my smallest nozzle. I had tried the nozzles with an actual WW pump, and they worked well. I just didn't feel like the WW pump would hold up over time to long duty cycles. Either way, I need a different pump, but what I have is working and making a difference. I will hold off on figuring out the correct size of tank until I get a better pump.

Thanks again,
Mark

Location: SW Indiana (Brazil) | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post