BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Blending/Mixing Fuels  Hop To Forums  General Blending Discussion    clogged pre-filter with new oil source

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

clogged pre-filter with new oil source
 Login/Join

posted
I found a new source for wvo. Blended a batch with it using same ratios and ingredients as with old source. I have a clear plastic prefilter between tank and fuel pump. Prefilter is clogging up within a week whereas could go a couple of months before. Went back to new source and asked if any meat was cooked in it. He said no, but fish, chicken and calamari were. Read in previous posts that it shouldn't be a problem. I don't heat my blend either in the mix or on the truck, but that has not seemed to matter in the past. New source used oil to make bio and the wvo has been sitting around for up to a year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

posted Hide Post
Chicken fat is meat fat and it will precipitate out of the mix in cooler temperatures and clog filters. To avoid this problem, chill the mix to the lowest operating temperature expected to settle the fats and pump from the clear layer through a 5µ filter into the vehicle tank, or heat the mix in the tank before the filters .

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mix in a 55 gallon drum and let it settle for two days before pumping through 2 5 micron filters and a water filter. Any suggestions on how to cool it in the drum?

posted Hide Post
Bury it or use an old refrigerator.
Take samples of your cleaned UVO and the fuel mix you're using and put them in the fridge to see how much of what drops out.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post