BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Blending/Mixing Fuels  Hop To Forums  General Blending Discussion    Food Grade Mineral Oil ?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Food Grade Mineral Oil ?
 Login/Join

2014 Sponsor

posted
Anyone ever try burning food grade mineral oil in a diesel engine?

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
Hey Murph, sup dawg? Mineral oil burns great in my 03 7.3 stroke, they use it in transformers because of its particularly good anti corrosion performance. You might even notice the engine seems quieter and possibly more mpg.
You will hear some people harp on used transformer oil being toxic because of PCB contamination, that's pretty much a red herring, transformers have been PCB free for like 30 years. So yeah, if ya got it, smoke it.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
Hey Fabricator! Nice to hear from you!

The mineral oil I'm getting is actually used as a parting agent by a commercial bakery so its definitely food grade and pcb free.. There's no taste, color or smell..

I'm going to run it in my 40hp Deere..

Thanks! And nice to see you in the forum.. With a 4 year old running around, I don't get a lot of time to do much anymore. Oh the good ol days..

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA