BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel with Ethanol    Signed up for ethanol workshop next month

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed up for ethanol workshop next month
 Login/Join

2013 sponsor
posted
I just wanted to share with the group that I'm signed up for an ethanol production workshop next month in Nashville. David Blume, author of "Alcohol Can Be A Gas" will be the instructor. If anyone has any specific questions you'd like me to pose while I'm there, let me know.

I'm not really thinking about ethanol as an ingredient for making biodiesel but rather as another alternative fuel. However, I'd like to get away from Methanol which comes from natural gas. I am into gasification of biomass and hope to someday use that to produce a true wood based methanol. Otherwise, I'd like to know we could make biodiesel from renewable ethanol made from a small scale plant.

I understand ethanol sucks up a lot of water from the air. What if we ran it through a desiccant immediately prior to blending biodiesel?

I'm just wanting to push for the AVD... Arab/Venezuelan Disconnect. I don't want to buy anything from a country who hates my country.

Todd

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post