BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Quality    Too long to pass the shake test

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too long to pass the shake test
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I have a problem about washing.
After I demeth the bio, I put it through a 2 micron filter the washing tank that I have put a heater and I use the stir washing
The bio is 120 liters and the water I put each time is about 50 liters. After the 4rth stir the water comes out clean but the shake test fall. After about 30 times of stir the bio pass the water test but the water I used is 30X50=1500liters.
Another time instead stir washing I used mist washing and after about 10 days (or about 14000liters water) the bio pass the shake test.
Can someone to tell me why it takes so many time (and water) to clean the bio?
Thanks.

Location: Greece | Registered: August 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Could be you have a high concentration of magnesium in the water; that is a common problem as it prevents the absorption of soaps.

If you are going to water wash anyway save yourself some energy and don't bother demething the biodiesel first, the residual methanol will come out in the wash, and for the tiny bit you get back the energy used up just isn't worth it.

On the other hand, if you get rid of water altogether then demething is a must, as is settling afterward before purification via hard wood chips and/or resin.

HTH

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
So is it better to put any device like ant scale to improve the water quality?
Is it worth?
Thanks again.

Location: Greece | Registered: August 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post