BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Quality    How much glycerine??

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much glycerine??
 Login/Join

posted
How much byproduct should be used on a 200L batch?

Should the wvo be heated along with byproduct or introduced afterwards?

How much byproduct are you guys using or would use for a 200L batch?

Is 30 min. mixing long enough?

After removing it should I recalculate my percentages, eg. 200L wvo, 60L byproduct, 50L removed so technically I am processing 210L...

TIA

Jetta 2002 ; 6 hole nozzles, chip, yellow koni, gli springs, neuspeed RR sway bar, skid plate, SS brakes, TT shifter, TT bushings, GTi FR brakes
Jetta 2006 chipped, Bilstein Sport, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Neuspeed endlinks, DG SS, Evolution skid plate, Eibach RSB, B100

Location: Montreal | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use all the byproduct from the previous batch to pretreat the next batch.

My volume of oil is ~115 lts and my byproduct volume is ~20 lts.

For you it would be ~40 lts byproduct.

I heat the oil to processing temp first (65c) before I introduce the byproduct.

Mix for an hour,then settle for an hour and drop the byproduct.

Do not worry about the extra volume gained,this is bio and meth and needs no extra chemicals,just base chemicals on your initial volume of oil.

Location: UK | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how much does it cut down your titration?

I increased my wvo by 40L and had to reduce my byproduct and barely noticed a drop in titration value but there was substantial BD left in the reactor and the byproduct was a lot darker and heavier but that is normal.

thanks for the reply only confirmed my intuition.

Jetta 2002 ; 6 hole nozzles, chip, yellow koni, gli springs, neuspeed RR sway bar, skid plate, SS brakes, TT shifter, TT bushings, GTi FR brakes
Jetta 2006 chipped, Bilstein Sport, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Neuspeed endlinks, DG SS, Evolution skid plate, Eibach RSB, B100

Location: Montreal | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post