BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Quality    My first 3/27 Test

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first 3/27 Test
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone;
Well I finally tried the 3/27 test on my last batch and I *think* it passed (or at least 99%). I can see maybe a *few* drops of fallout, but I really have to look for it.
I made another batch today and processed for a bit longer and we'll see how that turns out, but does this look right??

I haven't seen too many photos of the 3/27 test, but I have seen definitive failures that look worse than mine.
What do you all think?? Confused
Thanks! Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Young adult cancer survivor and founder of the Malignant Militia

VW Biodiesel geek Smile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Image327test.jpg (30 Kb, 49 downloads) 3/27 test

Location: Near Stratford ON | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh btw, this is the "worst" side of the jar, I can't seem to see *anything* on the bottom of the other side!? Confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Young adult cancer survivor and founder of the Malignant Militia

VW Biodiesel geek Smile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location: Near Stratford ON | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tilt the jar on its side so you can see the total after it settles. Looks like some drop out but not too bad.

I think you will find the drop out decreases as you increase mix time. I have been getting zero dropout with a un-precise two stage and longer mix times.

2001 Dodge 3500 CTD running B100

Self appointed Minister Of Propaganda, Order Of The Semi Sealed Steel Drum Reactor

Currently washing and drying with a "Death Trap" heater.

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post