BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Australia Biodiesel    Any Aussies out there.

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Aussies out there.
 Login/Join

posted
Since our wonderfull Aissie Government effectively made it illegal (no one wants to pay the tax) to produce Bio-D there seems to be no-one posting here.

Have you Aussies all effectively "given up in disgust"?

It's all a little sad as Biodiesel is not readily available from commercial operators because the drought is having a significant effect on the availability of oilseeds.

I guess the other factor is the lower price of "dirty diesel" due to the recession - probably makes Biodiesel production non viable.

I'm considering registering with the Government and paying the excise but only doing i batch per year for use over the warmer months. I don't do that many Kms these days so 400 -500 litres would easily keep me going, and if I "solar heat" in the summer the costs are minimal.

This has recently "sprung to mind" as my old truck is tending to blow a little too much black smoke and it's value and current useage doesn't warrant spending thousands on reconditioning the injectors and pump.

"And there endeth the winge!"

Peter

Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: September 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Peter,

I'm "out there" in many ways, basically just starting to produce my own.

I believe that to be legal in Aus you need to have some type of official test done on your Bio, so that it meets a standard, that costs ~$3,000. It sort of kills off the backyarder doing it legally.

brty

<DCS>
posted
You may want to look at this local site

There are lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people there although some of the moderators are on a shameless ego trip of self elevation but the info there is still much more relevant to local conditions and needs.

No one I know of has bothered registering with the Govt and it would be useless considering the cost of testing and hassle anyway. As long as we keep our heads down and don't make a big song and dance about what we are doing, no one will get their nose out of joint and want to make things hard.
Some people whom are blinded by the green light want to get Bio in everyone's tank and raise awareness through the media but this will only serve to stuff things up and actually lessen the amount of people using Veg.

We need to have the smarts to see what has happened in the US when people wanted to get themselves on the news and the difficulty so many people there have getting oil supply's and make sure we are not totally stupid and end up the same way instead of learning from the mistakes we can already see.

There is no restriction on the purchase of Meth or KOH and no record keeping needed.
As long as you don't upset someone by telling them how much you are saving on fuel or openl try to sell it, there is no reason you shouldn't be like a number of people I know that have made it for years without problem or Govt red tape.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post