BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  Two Tank Systems    Removing Greasecar Tank COMPLETELY
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removing Greasecar Tank COMPLETELY
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys. I just bought a 03 Jetta with a GreaseCar Spare tire tank. I need to remove the tank for a couple months so I can put my tire back in place. I can't get ahold of greasecar because they are on vacation.
I want to be able to put this system back online eventually. I have disconnected the heater lines on both sides of the tank but the fuel line (PEX) is still connected inside the tank. Once I remove that how can I seal off the lines so I don't leak fuel or coolant. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

posted Hide Post
The PEX fuel line has a compression fitting on the tank. Drain the PEX fuel line, VO fuel filter (or start with new), solenoid valves, FLHE and VO pump. If you intend to not use VO for a few months, I'd clean/wash all the parts with diesel that VO has contact with to avoid Poly. As far as the engine coolant water, there are plastic plugs that can be used in the engine compartment/heater lines.