New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valves
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys,

I converted my 93 12v cummins awhile back, 20,000km on vo. Im been using a large industrial centrifuge since day one. Only problem I have is under 1/4 tank I get fuel starvation. Im using the regular hydraforce valves I got from a local hydraulic shop. I suspect thats the reason.

I recently bought a 83 toyota landcruiser with the 3bt engine to convert. Im planning out my convertion looking for what valves to use. I thought about upgrading the valves In my truck to the golden fuel system GV10 valves and using the hydraforce valves in the landcruiser. 3bt lift pump is allmost twice the amount of fuel pressure, may not have starvation problems??. Im also worried I might just get the same problem.

Are there any other high flow valves I should be looking at??

Ditch the hydraforce valves and take a loss..
GV10 for the 12v cummins??
3V for the 3bt??

Any Ideas?

posted Hide Post
Greasecar.com GreasecarGet the SV200. Little more money much better valves. Valves

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.wvodesigns.com/shop...enoid-wvo-valve.html

this is not a bad valve...

Merk
03 Jetta TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat exchanger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, 10 plate FPHE & two 3 port wvodesign fuel valves. Timer/relay purge.

Location: Etna, NH | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reagen,
I was running GC valves and HF valves at various times since 2005. Have had trouble with GC valves passing VO and the aluminum support mounting bracket cracking and/or breaking off. No problems with the HF valves. I don't like working twice or getting stuck on the side of the road due to VO valve problems. I know run HF valves in two conversions and have no problem with them. Mounting is solid and no vibration problems to contend with. Install the valves once and forget it. IMHO, HF are well worth the money.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently bought a 83 toyota landcruiser with the 3bt engine to convert.

Do you mean the 3B or the 13B-T engine [turbo DI version of the 3B], there is no 3bt Toyota engine.

Before you go to a lot of trouble and expense, first run a tank of biodiesel, and note the significant power loss. The LC barely has enough power to get out of it's own way on diesel fuel, and with more than 50% veg fuel it's a dog.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its a 3b that has a turbo kit..

posted Hide Post
Even with the turbo it's still very underpowered on 100% VO fuel. B100 will give you an idea how it will run on SVO.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I dont see much of a power loss with my cummins. Im curious why there would be such a power loss with this engine specifically...

posted Hide Post
The LC is a heavy truck with only 3.4L in the 3B as compared with the 5.9L in the Cummins. Do the relative displacement-to-weight ratios to see the reason for it's relatively poor performance on SVO.
They're excellent trucks, but more suited to biodiesel blends <50% if one is looking to keep up with traffic.

posted Hide Post
I find that the hydro force valve break down every year and have to be taken apart and cleaned out. Usually in a dramatic way. The HF on my wife's Jeep died on the return side and pushed veg into the diesel tank and she notice it while it was spraying diesel onto the back of the vehicle while on the highway. I have never had a problem with a greasecar valve. (more than a dozen I have installed) All Three of the hydroforce have given me issues.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is strange... I have had the opposite history with the Hydro force valves...

I have installed over a dozen of them without any issue.. I wonder if they are the same as the ones that maddasher is installing...

I have had the same hydro force valves on my truck for at least 5 years... and they have been excellent!

Just had to voice my experience.. I am open to new and better valves for sure! Especially if they are cheaper than the Hydroforce, which have been getting expensive over the years.

2000 F-250 7.3 with 160,000 on WVO, probably 10,000 of that in Biodiesel, total milage of 333.333 + !!

Location: Kenya, New Orleans, Massachusetts | Registered: July 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hydro force valves

I bought these valves: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-way-...&hash=item1e8493e22e

Do you know any feedback from these?
I will start my system at next days...

posted Hide Post
I have used the GreaseCar and Hydro Force valves over the past 9 yrs on three of my own car/truck conversions. Never had a problem with the Hydro Force valves. HF parts, if needed like Viton "O" rings, are easy to purchase from HF dealers. I also use HF FOUR port valves for the diesel return on my MBs cars.