BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  Two Tank Systems    2000 F350 7.3L powerstroke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2000 F350 7.3L powerstroke
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking at purchasing a 2000 F350 with a 7.3 Powerjoke, I mean Powerstroke. It will take over most of the daily driving responsibilities of my '93 F250 7.3L IDI, and pull a camper on occasion. Can anyone recommend a good SVO conversion system and provide information on what makes it better than the others?

A little history on me. I've been running blended fuel in my '93 F250 w/7.3 IDI (NA) for several years now. Summer time I blend WVO with D2, K1, and RUG and run it in my front tank while keeping D2 in the rear tank. Winter time I run the same blend but I use WMO. I don't have an adequate supply of either to run year round, but the two work well together when I dedicate them to their respective seasons. I started off just settling and bag filtering everything, but I have since built a centrifuge (Po-Boy). I take 40 gal of oil off the top of an IBC tote and cut it with 5 gal of D2 and 5 gal of K1. I then run it across a heating element and heat it to 100+ deg F on its way into the centrifuge. The cleaned blend drains into a 55 gal drum that gets 5 gal of RUG added to it. I've added a water mist system to my intake that I used on occasion to keep the injectors nice and clean. This has worked well for me for the past several years. The truck is getting very long in the tooth, and only has a year or two left in her as a daily driver. I've located the 2000 F350 locally, so I'm trying to figure out what it's going to take to get it the Powerstroke converted over, as well as figure out what repairs it might need so that I can start decide what I'm willing to pay for it.

Thanks in advance!
Mark

Location: SW Indiana (Brazil) | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2002 7.3 with a Greasecar system already installed in Frankfort, KY. I may be interested in selling.

325,000 miles. Never had any fuel related problem.