BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) as fuel  Hop To Forums  Two Tank Systems    40,000 kms on 2 tank system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

40,000 kms on 2 tank system
 Login/Join

posted
I converted my 96 cummins almost 2 years ago with sunwizards design using plantdrive components. I have never been happier it has been flawless in operation except for valve issue at the beginning but since then nothing. Just completed 1000 mile trip one way only used 1 litre of diesel to warm up the motor, that's 4500 mpg cost me $1.The veg filter has over 20,000 kms and don't plan on changing it. I settle all my oil in the sun for weeks in cubies then in to the centrifuge for 8 hours then pumped through 1 micron filter and into the truck it looks like brand new oil you buy in the store.
I blend in 10% diesel and diesel kleen silver bottle into my 2nd tank, this combo by far is the best out of all I have tried, it idles the same rpm as diesel has the same power and starts the same even when it has been shut off for over an hour. I tried straight veg this trip and noticed no difference on the hwy but the rpm at an idle is 500 rpm instead of 800, so will go back to 10% blend. I never switch to veg until my thermostat has opened, which is 180 and never cheap out on the purge, always do it kms from my house and allow it to run for awhile on diesel. My veg temp is always around 170 and if its cold out I block my rad. I have ran it in -32 deg temp and still maintained 160 deg oil temp.
The 12 valve 93-97.5 motors are bullet proof and love to run on oil if you do it right, buy the best parts not cheap stuff and try and make it work, it will cost you in the end.

96 dodge ram 2500 12 valve cummins, 4 inch lift kit, 4 inch stainless exhaust, cold air intake, b+d performance transmission, 2 tank wvo conversion using sun wizards design, plantdrive conversion vegmax2, megatherm, 30fphe, arctic fox tank heater, 3 manual 3 way valves, looped return on veggie

Location: bc canada | Registered: September 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post