BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Centrifuge to clean Biodiesel???
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Centrifuge to clean Biodiesel???
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Another thing. If you haven't already, check out the whole batch demeth thread on this forum. Most of the soap is dropped out during the demeth process. You can go from batch to tank in much less time especially if you use the wood shavings to catch the residual soap.

Location: Chambodia | Registered: December 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fabricator:
Are we talking about oil or bio? I run my bio through a 55 gallon drum filled with hard wood chips, it's pumped in with a little blue pump and drains out the bottom into my wash tank.

Fabricator,
I meant BioD. soory about that.

How often do you remove the wood chips and replace it once it is fully absorbed with soap?

Danny

05 CRD and 07 Dodge 2500. Both on B100

Location: Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: November 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
300 gallons pretty much takes a new drum for every batch.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post