BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Continuous Biodiesel Production.

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Continuous Biodiesel Production.
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone heard of a new way to make bio in a continuous process called the Mcgyan Process??

Says it produces bio with no chemicals, water, or waste products in seconds.

Google Mcgyan Process or Ever Cat fuels in Isanti,MN

Bio production since 12/10/07
House on B100
01 Excursion on B100 warm weather - B50 cold weather.

Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there was a fellow on here about a year ago that was doing something similar called super critical experiment. I dont recall ever seeing what became of it or what the results were.

posted Hide Post
Cobbler,
I know this is OT from your post..

but I an curious about the house on B100..do you heat with B100..air and water?
using what equipment..I'm always looking for way to save money..heating water in the winter is most likely our biggest cost since we heat with wood..or glycrein/sawdustSmile

otherwise it must be a super critical process or a SCAM!! I know it possible..but most times it beyond the typical homebrewer..think 100's of PSI and 300+temps F ??? are you a former boiler maker? if you are..then these number won't raise an eyebrow..go for it..the rest..THINK BANG!! if something goes wrong!!..
please don't think I'm against this but in the wrong hands people could die!! I would hate to read about this online!!..so be safe!!please!!

before you think about continuous BD production?? how much do you need to make? do you have know quality oil feeds? water content of the oil feeds? a way to heat the oil?

what about post processing?
methanol recovery?
water washing?
water disposal?

I see that you've been around for a while..so if some of the questions are point less..well ok great so you've solve some..good work!!

how much are you talking about making..per week/month/year?

-dkenny

'84 bluebird school bus, DD8.2L turbo( 4/2011, the bus tranny has died..Frown 8.23.11 bus driven to scrap yard Frown )
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Smile - the wife's
99 dodge 2500 5.9l 24v..-mine Smile
everything run B100 when its warm enough Smile

Location: RTP, North Carolina | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At one point, this forum contained a substantial amount of discussion on the McGyAn process. I'm not sure if it's been archived or deleted (or if the site is broken currently), but a search only turns up one post on the topic. BiodieselNow still has functional archiving and lots of information on the subject.

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind."

George Orwell

posted Hide Post
Check out the website at Ever Cat Fuels for more info on the technology. They just recently started production.

Hugh

posted Hide Post
dkenny, I have a lennox fuel oil furnace that burns b100 just fine. All I did was bump the fuel pressure up to 150 and never looked back. My tank is inside my basement so cold outside temps are not an issue. I just need to get it to the house quick when its cold out.

Bio production since 12/10/07
House on B100
01 Excursion on B100 warm weather - B50 cold weather.

Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post