BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Bubble Ring

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Bubble Ring
 Login/Join

posted
Like many of you said, those aquarium stones were just not working out for me either. Girl Marks HDPE aspirin bottles with pin holes and stainless nuts inside worked well until a few times coming off the end of my air hose and having to fish them out of the tank. Threw together this bubble ring and am extremely pleased with the way it has been working out. 1/4 inch copper tubing with compression fittings. Obviously there is no need to weight it down with nuts and bolts - it is perfectly happy to stay where you place it on the bottom of your wash tank. I think you can see where I spaced out the slits with a Dremel tool and cut off wheel.

Houndog

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shaun,

posted Hide Post
The aspirin bottle bubbler is someone else;s invention. What I use is polyethylene hose and compression fittings (or hose barbs). I experimented with copper tubing but just couldn't drill small enough holes like I wanted (I tried a Dremel tool and jewelers' drill bits) easily. The polyethylene can be poked with a push pin easily to make tiny holes.

Location: Pittsboro, North Carolina | Registered: March 07, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've successfully used 1/4 inch irrigation drip line that comes with laser-drilled holes every 6 inches or so. The bubbles aren't as small as from the (dissolving) stone, and it floats unless a piece of heavy wire is slipped inside or weights on the outside.
Dremel abrasive wheels seem like they'd make slots too wide for tiny bubbles. Great idea though.

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA | Registered: August 15, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you just use the cut-off wheel to take down the wall thickness of the copper slightly, you can then use a push pin or an exacto blade point to push gently through the copper. I made a ring with this method also and use them both. You know - some days you feel like big bubbles and other days it's small.

Houndog

posted Hide Post
Any hospital workers on thie forum?
This post has me thinking about the bubblers in the oxygen mask humidifiers. The cans on the wall that the hoses come from that go the the patient. I have a few of them around and they look to be a poly plastic and make small bubles in the water.
Also check with the home oxygen supply people. They should go through many of these.

You would have to hook several together to get enough surface area.

I'm behind in experiments and haven't made it to the bubble wash stage yet.

Ken

Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2003Report This Post