BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    PID operation

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PID operation
 Login/Join

posted
I bought a PID off of ebay awhile back. Its a cheap Taiwanese or Chinese one. TET612 I think. I am having a tough time using it. Seems to way overshoot and way undershoot my desired temps (like about 15-20 degrees F) I tried to alter some of the parameters in the menu setting (menu 001 or 0036) I forget at this point, but that only seemed to make matters worse - or radically different - not more accurate. Anybody have some familiarity on these to keep the temps closer my "SV" Set Value temp. Just be patient as it trains?

Thanks
Doug

Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,
I have a couple of those cheapies also and they work great for me. Have you trained it yet?
You have to hold the enter key ( > ) for 5 seconds to start the training function, the output light will start blinking when in train mode. It will overshoot when training to get the required measurements so I would recommend starting the training when your heating the oil instead of in the critical recovering portion of the process.
If that doesn't fix the problem you should return it.
Good luck!
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
Turn down your hysterieses (did I spell that right?).

Set auto-tune to ON.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA