BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Looking at turn key systems

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at turn key systems
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys. Have looked into bio diesel before but never jumped at it. Know really need to get into it since I have a little time to do it. I have 7 diesels. 02 F350 w/7.3, 06 f250 W/6.0, 2 air compressors, 2 JD skid steers (both 4024 engines) and finally a 2014 dodge cummins. The last being the questionable about bio. I use maybe 250 to 350 gallons of diesel a week depending on work load. Havent really ran the numbers but have to be close to those numbers. So I have been looking at a few machines. Time is money to me so I need a machine that can do its thing without me being there the whole time.

Bio pro 190 http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/biopro190.php

US Freedom bio fuels BD65 http://usfreedombiofuels.com/b...sors/bd65/index.html

Or can you clean fuel good enough with a good centerfuge and add chemicals? What are your opinions ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: North Texas,

posted Hide Post
Let's ask the most obvious question first: can you obtain 300 gallons per week of vegetable oil?

Finding it and collecting it always took me more time than processing it. The stuff isn't as plentiful and common as it once was, so I recommend you start there. The best machine in the world won't help you if you don't have raw materials.

Cheers, John
East Texas

2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
And once you do find the oil, you might want to consider saving some money and building your own system.

It sounds to me like you have some type of heavy commercial operation going on and you don't want to mess around with little toys.

We offer a build-it-yourself system that is a true workhorse for commercial operations. At about 1/2 the price of turn-key systems, it will produce much higher volumes with much less work.

Check out our plans here:
http://www.murphysmachines.com/MM500.html

We even have an automation panel that helps free up time.

As Dukegrad said, make sure you have a supply of oil. He's giving good advice..

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
Duke. I think I can come up with the oil. I will know more later this week. I know a few restaurant owners so should be able to pull it off if they dont have contracts.

Murphy. I was actually looking at your site at the super sucker plans. Will check more into the DIY kit. I stay very busy with hobbies, work, kids, etc. Spending days putting equipment together would be challenging.

If anyone has any more advise please bring it. Thanks!

2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
You should realize that no matter how big or how automated or how great any system is, most of the work in making biodiesel is in collecting the oil.

Imagine if every time you wanted breakfast, lunch or dinner, you had to go to the grocery store and purchase all the ingredients.

You'd spend most of your time shopping. its kind of the same with making biodiesel.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Murphy:
most of the work in making biodiesel is in collecting the oil.

...and pre-treating it. In almost all cases, it's not going to be ready to make into biodiesel. It will need to be de-watered and coursely filtered. That alone takes time, space, and sometimes, energy if you plan to heat and settle.

Alvin
'01 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat Crew
'95 Mercedes Benz E300 D

Location: Seattle | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Understand Murphy. One of the big ones I plan on getting is in the next town over and i eat there a few times a week already. Plus I drive most of the day. So do my guys. I just cant get off the phone long enough to try and figure out the design of a system and build it. If I get it going I can hire someone part time to do this and other things I need done. I do understand I will have to put some time in to do this, just only have so much.

Binuya. Wouldnt a centerfuge help a lot with the pre treatment? Was thinking a 330 gal tote on a shelf into centerfuge then into a clean tote.

posted Hide Post
keep your eye on the classified section here as well as your local craigslist as used systems are around.
Unless you already have a fuge I would not recommend one for dewatering unless you invest in a pricey purpose built unit, the standard bowl type are not up to the task.
For filtering WVO prior to brewing biodiesel a window screen is all thats needed.
Thats my 2 cents.
Good luck!
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey North Texas, I'm gonna assume you are located in north Texas in saying this but I have a lot of bio equipment for sale including a centrifuge (large 1-gal capacity), an 80 gal processor, dry wash tower, methanol recovery unit, plenty of pumps, hoses and totes. Lots of other stuff too, pretty much a commercial-sized turnkey system. You could easily pump out 350gal a week with a good oil supply. I'm located in Godley (about an hour south of Ft Worth) if you are interested in taking a look at some it. Give me a call or shoot me a text this week and we can talk. I also have pics and specs of everything.

Thanks,
PJ

posted Hide Post
Just realized I didn't put my phone number on that post. Ha!

My cell is:

(817)-659-8392