Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
Heating Systems

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/919605551/m/5937087083

February 25, 2016, 07:32 PM
terracan
Heating Systems
I am looking for a new heating system.At the moment I heat my oil outside my shed using firewood. I then pump it into my reactor in the shed. However being in Oz, there are many days in summer when I can't light my fire due to fire bans.Dgs has told me he uses the M67 immersion heater. Does anyone know where I could get hold of one in Western Australia? Or has anyone got some other idea?
Thanks
Cheers Terracan.
February 25, 2016, 08:12 PM
Tilly
Hi terracan,

quote:
Originally posted by terracan:
I am looking for a new heating system.At the moment I heat my oil outside my shed using firewood. I then pump it into my reactor in the shed. However being in Oz, there are many days in summer when I can't light my fire due to fire bans.Dgs has told me he uses the M67 immersion heater. Does anyone know where I could get hold of one in Western Australia? Or has anyone got some other idea?
Thanks
Cheers Terracan.
Do you mean Dgs does not know?
Surely someone on the super secret PM forums knows.
Things must be getting pretty desperate for people to start asking for information on the open forum where anyone can read what is being said. Wink
https://www.google.com.au/sear...sion+heater+for+sale

February 25, 2016, 08:55 PM
Paulus
http://www.military-tent.com/imheunco.html
February 26, 2016, 01:04 AM
terracan
quote:
Do you mean Dgs does not know?

No I didn't say that at all Tilly. I said he uses one.
quote:
Things must be getting pretty desperate for people to start asking for information on the open forum where anyone can read what is being said. Wink

Dgs has been helping me perfect my bio. Stuff you all ready know and it would bore you to tears..and we don't wont that mate. Smile
Cheers Terracan.

PS.Thanks Tilly and Paulus for the links. I was hoping someone in Oz would know where to get one here .Thanks again.
February 26, 2016, 03:48 AM
Tilly
Hi terrican,

quote:
Stuff you all ready know and it would bore you to tears..and we don't wont that mate. Smile
Cheers Terracan.
Indeed, we would never want that mate!
Do you think that asking where to buy an M67 immersion heater would be less boring than discussing how to make biodiesel? Wink

It is NOT stuff I already know.
Dgs claims to be capable of making biodiesel in a single stage at room temperature in 45 minutes using 12% methanol.
I have never been able to do that.
Dgs is the only person I know who claims to be able to do it.
Has he told you how to do that yet?
I would love to see how he does it.
If he has told you how to do that it would be very helpful for everyone if you would pass on the information.

quote:
PS.Thanks Tilly and Paulus for the links. I was hoping someone in Oz would know where to get one here .Thanks again.
Always happy to lend a hand.
Have you asked Dgs on the secret PM forums Wink

February 26, 2016, 08:38 AM
David Shinn
quote:
Thanks
Cheers Terracan.

Hi Terracan,

I suggest you have a look on eBay. Thats where I got mine (cost £17 if I remember correctly- I was the only bidder)

I haven't really used mine apart from to test it heating a drum of water. I think you are thinking along the right lines though, and I might do the same. At the moment I use two 3kw immersion heaters to warm the oil up for the glyc pre-wash. Heating the oil directly has got to be cheaper than all that electric. Rig up some sort of a spray arrangement in the m67 drum and you can dry the oil too before it goes into the processor.

Good luck with your reactions. It's a constant learning game, but there's always something new to try/tweak and it's a lot of fun.

Regards,

David
February 26, 2016, 09:17 AM
Tilly
Hi David,
I have been thinking, Dgs said that he usually does his reactions at room temperature so what does he use an immersion heater for?
Perhaps it is to heat the magical glycerine pre-treatment/ enhanced neutralization that some people pretend is not a first stage reaction Wink

Curiouser and curiouser.

April 14, 2016, 02:07 PM
Murphy
Check out the boiler plans on my website.

Runs on vegetable oil, heats water to 200 degF, easy to build, runs at around 160,000 btu/hr @80% efficiency.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA