BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Most cost effective 2" camlock cap locking setup

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most cost effective 2" camlock cap locking setup
 Login/Join

posted
G'day,
I just got a sweet oil contract that has one of those underground 800L grease Molok's. It has a 2" camlock fitting with cap for the grease removal, I can see that the current renderer just had a lock through the steel rings on the cam levers and somebody has already cut one off (see the pic).
Has anybody had to deal with these before? If so any tips on how you secured it?
I am thinking of modifying the levers on a cap so I can pad lock it or perhaps use a steel cable type bicycle lock...
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen em around, petroleum haulers use em, there are several outfits that have em, this is one
http://catalog.ptcoupling.com/...nt-parts/secure-lok-.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats beauty!
I am thinking of just welding up a piece of steel pipe that will slide over the whole setup there with a tab welded on it that I can then lock to that stainless band above it. I could beef up the band there somewhat too...
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took the "cheap and dirty" approach with some scrap 4" square tubing, cut it to length, welded on a tab and gave it 3 coats of Tremclad paint.
It would be very easy to cut the band to remove remove the lock, if someone screws with it I am going to make a bracket out of steel I will screw into the green composite boards with tamper resistant screws...
I left the renderers lock on cause I forgot to bring a set of cutters... Smile

Cheers,
Jon