BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    compressed air

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

compressed air
 Login/Join

posted
could i safely use comp air say 1-5 psi to move vapor through condensor? my venturi will not pull the vapor. thanks

posted Hide Post
Yes. On our processors we have a bubbler in the tank. We put about 2 psi in and it pushes the vapor and methanol through quite well. yours may take more or less air. Dont over do it or you wont recover any. You will know the correct psi when there is a nice steady stream of methanol.

www.turnerbiodiesel.com
www.turnerindustriesinc.com
Metal Fabrication and BioDiesel Products. Dry Wash Towers,Processors,Home Heating,Centrifuges,Steel Drum Cone

Location: Chippewa Falls WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Air is "non-condensible" so the more air you put in the less you will recover due tro lack of condensing area and the more methanol you put out to the atmosphere.

Have you tried to find out why your venturi won't pull the vapors through. It sounds like compressed air would be a fix for one of the symptoms rather than the root cause of your problem.

How is your venturi set up, I am sure someone will come on and help you sort out why it is not working well.

Location: East Yorkshire | Registered: January 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
followed GL's design. after the pump nada. before the pump it pulls great. 11 in as i remember. it will pull cat great. vapor, nada. pump cavatates. a better pump would make the vent work i bet.
thanks!!