BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    aluminized steel fuel tank

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

aluminized steel fuel tank
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Guys,

Had no luck with anyone at the Dodge part of the forum. I was looking at a larger aftermarket fuel tank for my truck to buy down the road and was wondering if it can hold up to bio-diesel b-30 right now hopefuly down the road b-100. The tank is made out of aluminized steel and it says that it can handle gasohol, alcohol and methanol fuels. So wondering was if it can handle that there soulhdn't be not many problems with bio. The tank in question is Aero Tanks D-50 for a 01, Ram 2500, Reg. Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 which can hold up to 50 gallons of fuel.

Thanks for any info,
Anthony

The only stupid question is the one question that is never asked.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 5.9 I-6 running on B20 as of 8/5/2009 bought from Woolley Fuel in Maplewood, NJ.

Location: Secaucus, NJ | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The metal itself will work fine with biodiesel in any amount/percentage. If it has nitrile gaskets or fittings, they won't like the bio in the long run.

HTH,

troy

Location: north america somewhere close to the midwest, or not | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post