BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    BoroDrain

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BoroDrain
 Login/Join

posted
There is a local Craiglist post for a PILE of borosilicate (Pyrex) glass drain line for free. Its completely acid-proof plumbing stuff...anybody have experience or knowledge of where it might be used? I would imagine in an industrial chemical setting. Seems like something that would have a lot of resale value, but I haven't the fondest clue on who to try to market it to. Seems like it might almost be too small a market to be worth the hour+ drive to try to get it.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/zip/4993709330.html

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen that used for the basin drains etc. in the Chemtura and Safety Kleen labs in this area, (old stuff, Chemtura in Elmira used to be Uniroyal where they made all the agent orange for the war you guys had with Vietnam).
They used to use it in the high school chem labs too but thermal welded plastics are the new thing, I doubt anybody would be interested in buying that stuff other than perhaps hobbyists...
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I recall it's a modular system with different lengths coupled to fittings with special connectors. I've got a 3 ft piece of it around here somewhere. Finding suitable couplers with gaskets for re-assembly could prove to be challenging.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post