BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Fitting for 55 gallon processor
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fitting for 55 gallon processor
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Okay, I've tried that two tube thingy four times now. Works really great! Good swirling action in the drum, as well as the violent mix as it goes through the pump. I put 44 gallons of oil in the drum and start the heating with the spear. Two cubies of MeOH with about 440 grams of NaOH in each (that's what my oil titrates to with 4.5 as the base) ready to be sucked into the pump when the oil reaches 140F (60C). I don't worry about insulating the drum 'cuz that much mass (oil and MeOH) holds heat for a long time and the plastic drum doesn't lose heat as fast as a metal one, also, I can add heat at any time with the heater spear. I have a thermocouple with a digital readout for my temp probe. 44 gallons of oil, plus 8.8 gallons of MeOH, plus 2.2 gallons of water for the glyc pre wash makes 55 gallons. Fits nicely in a drum. 45 gallon batches are a lot better than 20 gallon ones! Smile Now, onward and upwards! I'm looking to do 110 gallon batches. I have a 20 gallon poly drum that would work well for the methoxide. Smile

Blessings. Joe 1999 Chevy Suburban w/new optimizer 6500 TD and 1995 Chevy Cube van 6.5L. WWW.RillaBioFuels.com
WWW.RillaBioFuels.com

Location: Sterling Hts. Michigan USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Report This Post