BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Anybody have experience with PEX?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have experience with PEX?
 Login/Join

posted
This weekend I was de-watering a 1400L batch and my site tube imploded.
It was just lucky I discovered it without making a huge mess!
My boiler stopped working (the flow switch stopped working, I know unlucky batch) so I shut down the pump and vacuum to fix it, once it was quiet I could hear some pretty dramatic hissing. Turns out the back of the site tube imploded and split about 4' up the back of it so you couldn't see it from the front. luckily the vacuum in the system was keeping any of it from coming out.

So anyways, I am wondering if anybody has tried PEX with bio?
I figure it will make a good site tube but have never tried any to see how it holds up to hot methyl esters...
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
Pex works fine with all things biodiesel as far as my experience has shown.

I think some of the plastic processor manufacturers were using the cross linked poly tanks.

I have a 1200 gallon rain water collection tank that happens to be cross linked polyethylene and it's tough stuff.. Can't be welded, glued or bonded in any way. Nothing seems to affect PEX and it takes a much higher temperature than normal polyethylene does.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA