BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Super (glop) Sucker addition

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super (glop) Sucker addition
 Login/Join

posted
Check it out fellas. I came up with this the other day because it is a pain to get the glop out of the bottom of the collection barrels.

This will make it easy, cheap and you don't need another pump or amything special. Just a little air compressor tank or anything small will work.

Sorry for the crude scetch I am busy today so I just drew it up real quick. I am sure yall can suffer through my drawing.

super_sucker.tif (19 Kb, 206 downloads)

Location: Texas | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kewl thing about it is you can suck up the good oil and when you see you need to clean the bottom gunk you grab the other hose and suck up the glop. When you get home send your good oil to storage and send the glop to a settle tank. You might get something useful after a good settling. Let me know if you try it.

posted Hide Post
Nice idea, but what do you do with the glop when you're done settling it? and there is no more oil

"When you have no destination in mind, any road will do".
- Cheshire Cat said in Alice in Wonderland,

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."

— Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

Natural Oil Processing Environmental Community

Buy a bumper sticker or hat go to my store: http://www.cafepress.com/Bioheat

Location: Dudley,MA | Registered: December 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh the glop that can never be rendered into bio diesel is happily donated to the neighborhood renderer who stole my WVO barrel.

Or I just use it for brush fires at the house.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wal1809:
Sorry for the crude scetch I am busy today so I just drew it up real quick. I am sure yall can suffer through my drawing.

I can't seem to view it.
I get a message that basically indicates I need to get the Adobe Paint software to open the file at $600plus. Can't do it.

Location: The Land Between Two Rivers | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about now, can you see it?

super_sucker_plus.mdi (19 Kb, 57 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Wal .. if you post pics (or sketches) they need to be either BMP or JPEG format. Those are the standards for web pics, any browser can read them.

Trc

If you can't dazzel them with brilliance, then baffel them with bullchit.

Location: north of houston, south of dallas, east of austin | Registered: August 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wal1809:
How about now, can you see it?

I jumped through a bunch of hoops & got it, but it messed up my Internet Explorer connection, (shut down all my windows at once)and I had to reboot.

You're useing two drop pipes and two suction hoses with this setup?
Wouldn't the small tank actually have to have a larger hose & pipe to pull all the gunk without plugging?

Location: The Land Between Two Rivers | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the second tank it is only getting the lastof the barrel or the dredges crud. You would be able to use what ever size suction you want and I would imagine larger to be better. The kewl thing is they both work off the same vacuum so you will have as much vacuum on the small tank as the big one. Also when you charge it with compressed air to unload you don't have to worry about them mixing. Charge it and unload one sucker and then move your trailer to where you want to unload the sludge.

I will redo the picture at work. I got a new computer with an image program that I really have no clue how to work yet. It is designed so we can take a photograph with florescent fingerprint powder to enhance a fingerprint. Using an alternate light source and a macro lense we can photograph the fingerprint. By using this new program we can enhance the image so it can be seen better. It is really not made for my sketches of super suckers. But I'll get it figured out hopefully today.

posted Hide Post
wal1809, I did this about 6 months ago. I have used a large super sucker for the regular WVO and then built a small 10 gallon super sucker to suck up the glop from the bottom of the drum and then when I get home I put pressure in it and blow it out in a funnel in one of the empty 5 gallon soy oil containers and when this is full I take it to the dumpster. It works great and now I don't have to use my wet vac anymore.

posted Hide Post
Garybio- I am going to run a line from the top of the super sucker to the top of the glop sucker. That way I can use the same vacuum pump and compressor to suck in the oil in one and glop in the other.

The only thing holding me back is how to load both at the same time on my trailer with my front end loader on the tractor. I need to make it piggy back somehow.

I am in the middle of a week long conference in downtown Houston and I am ready to get it over with so I can get back to brewing and tinkering with my biod toys.

posted Hide Post
That should work fine.

posted Hide Post
Gary, I think that after over 6 years his question has been answered...
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post