BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Anyone use a Fimco lawn sprayer with Glycerin?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a Fimco lawn sprayer with Glycerin?
 Login/Join

2014 Sponsor

posted
I was going to make a sprayer system to spray the weeds around my property but found that I can buy a good used one for cheaper than I can make it.

I found a FIMCO spot sprayer like this one:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/e...sprayer?cm_vc=-10005

Has anyone ever put biodiesel or glycerin through one of these type of units? They're made to spray round-up and other nasty stuff and I know the pumps are polypro, viton, and santoprene.. the tanks are PE but I'm just wondering if anyone has ever done it.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
That unit is a knock off of what they have at Northern Tool although they used to have the ShurFlo pump on it and I can say as a fact that that pump will handle all the B100 you want to put into it. The new one not so sure.

The ShurFlo has exactly the same santo/viton valve and seals that the one you posted about.I had a 12V version on a drum being used as a filling station and it stayed filled with B100 12 months a year including freezing and thawing several times over winter and firing right up when Spring came.

Glycerine ? Dunno. Maybe watered down KOH processed stuff but that would be a guess on my part.

HTH

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
Thanks Legal..... good to know.

Never hurts to double check..

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA