BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    is your biopro 190 always making a mess??

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

is your biopro 190 always making a mess??
 Login/Join

posted
my bio pro makes a mess every time i use it. when drying the oil it splatters cooking oil all over,
and on the wash cycle it spits biodiesel everywhere.

any one else have this problem or a neat solution i have used various splash shields but i need some better ideas thanks

13 batches on my biopro 190 so far and a nasty floor around it lol

95 Dodge 2500
01 vw TDI b100 only

Location: sebring fl | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
Are you overfilling it?

I've not had this happen, either drying oil or drying the fuel - the only times the lid should be off while mixing.

Got Renewable Fuel?

Location: Moncure, North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not started making mine yet. But i was thinking of ways to avoid that propblem myself, due to the lack of space i have to make it. My idea was to make a tank that i can fill with the oil that will heat, mix, and wash. Im sure the idea has been done before but im very new. But do you think this is possiable?

posted Hide Post
my machine is an 07 i fill it to the fill line every time
i am making a splash shield out of stainless when i am done ill put up a pic
got some oil drying now and it has splashed all over the floor,
otherwise its a pretty cool machine.

i should note that i bought this machine off of someone last year that had never even put oil in it, it's Brand NEW!!!

95 Dodge 2500
01 vw TDI b100 only

Location: sebring fl | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
The one I've used was a 2010 model.

Must have been a needed design change, I'd be interested in seeing a picture.

Bob

Got Renewable Fuel?

Location: Moncure, North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well now. I tried to get a thread like this one started a couple years ago so people could be made aware of possible problems with the wundermachines, but it went nowhere. Nice to see that there are some who are not afraid to speak up and help the whole community in the process.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've got a 380 and I notice splashes when drying my finished fuel. Thats the only time I have the lid off off the machine so I can't speak for oil splashing out.

I had a 190 prior to this and I think it did the same thing. Would be interested in seeing the splash shield, I had thought about taking some coarse mesh from a window screen to see if that might catch the oil but still let the water evaporate out.

Legal Eagle: I've noticed the same thing. Wish there was more discussion but it's almost like a lot of the BioPro users keep the issues to themselves or something. I've had a couple issues with my processors but they were easily fixed. I think these machines are great but have no doubt in my mind someone with the skills could make something comparable from parts.

Location: Napa, CA | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is the whole point, to get the various nicks and knacks out there in the public forum so that when a similar issue comes up with someone else then the answers will be available instead of always having to run to poppa for the remedy.

I have no doubt the innovation of a push button machine is a great one, and I am sure many of those who shelled out for one believe it to be so. That said however, ain't no such thing as a machine made by man that hasn't at least a couple of sticking points. I am not even adverse to recommending it, except not until there is transparency.

Calculators are great, even the thousand dollar kind, but it is still preferable to learn how to do math with pencil and paper until you learn the process and then simplify your life with automation so that when the thousand dollar calculator fritzes on you you can still produce.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post