BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    PID and motor connection drawing with highlimit relay
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PID and motor connection drawing with highlimit relay
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi John point taken thanks. I also agree that ssr usualy fail in closed condition and as such are another thing to worry about. I have not come across a thermopile controlled thermostat which is adjustable, can you enlighten me?
Regards
Dom

Dom

You can not change the winds, but you can reset your sails.

Location: South Australia | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive been looking into something like this. let me know what you think. they have them with or with out the relays built in. http://www.ledclocks.com/contr...2ClassicControl.html

Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: September 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not come across a thermopile controlled thermostat which is adjustable, can you enlighten me?

Good question Dom! While many years ago thermopile t-stats were the norm for home and commercial furnaces, unit heaters, etc, I have not seen one in years... They also used to be common in commercial gas appliances... I have not run a service truck in many years though so I am not sure if they are still used or not...
I would have to visit the supplier to see whats available today, I am sure Google would turn up some hits too.

hddmax66,
That looks like it will do what you want, whats the price though?

Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only units I have ever seen in Australia are a set unit used to prove flame presence but these are not adjustable and need aprox 350 C to activate the contacts. Dont wory too much just an enquiry I dont need one.
Thanks Dom

Dom

You can not change the winds, but you can reset your sails.

Location: South Australia | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only units I have ever seen in Australia are a set unit used to prove flame presence but these are not adjustable and need aprox 350 C to activate the contacts.

Yes they are common here as well, typically just a single thermocouple is used to prove flame over here though. Its usually just a short copper lead that goes to the gas valve. I think the idea of the thermopile (just a group of thermocouples connected in series) was to provide enough current to allow for a longer lead wire to the wall mounted thermostat. Though I am only speculating Wink
I did a quick check on ebay and I see that you can still buy the millivolt residential stats though it appears they are not very common anymore...
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?...=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
I just got to thinking, you probably dont even have winter over there in beautiful Australia? Do homes over there utilize central heating or just central air conditioning?
I will have to come for a visit sometime and see for myself... when its winter here of course! Big Grin
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post