BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Reclaiming Methanol

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reclaiming Methanol
 Login/Join

posted
Wonder if this would make a good Methanol reclamation condenser tank??
http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?dpt=1&cat=10&sku=02815
$39.99
SPECIFICATIONS
Includes air regulator, air gauge, safety valve, fluid outlet and hang-up hook
1/4" NPT inlet and 3/8" Outlet port
25-50 PSI Working Pressure
Galvanized Steel Tank
80 PSI Maximum Pressure

Any ideas??

Best Wishes

Rob

ImagePressure_tank.jpg (7 Kb, 27 downloads) Pressure tank

Location: Huntsville AL | Registered: April 05, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what kind of reaction you would have with the methanol and galvanized steel. I keep galvanized far away as possible from my ethanol production. I read that bad things get released when hot ethanol hits the galvinazation, I would assume that methanol would do more of the same if not worse.

Location: The Woods | Registered: March 10, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Master_U
no no don't spend any money, make one out of the coca cola dispenser (stainless steel, some old one's are around for taking) they have two holes one for air inlets and one outlets. you liquet weld one thermostat in one hole and in the other you put the contenser on.There is also a over flow pressure valv on it see at mine.I dont no how to put pics.on here put go to
www.geocities.com/biodezl100 and you can see mine this one works fine,I get about 6 lt.back from 20 lt. glicerin good look

Location: alberta, canada | Registered: June 09, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
TImberwolf,

Can you be more specific on using the soda keg?

When I find these, I collect them for homebrewing (beer) and think using one for reclamation makes good sense. But what do you mean by "liquid weld" and have you had any trouble with the rubber seal on the top mounted bung opening? I don't think it is Viton--just regular rubber.

posted Hide Post
how do you heat the soda keg

Location: Phishland | Registered: March 05, 2005Report This Post