BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    US Freedom Biofuels

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Freedom Biofuels
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am kind of new in this field. I am looking to buy a biodiesel fat processor to transform animal fat into biodiesel. I have access to a large quantity of starting materials(used restaurant oil, animal fat from slaughterhouses, ...) and could start a small company selling biofuel. Already looked on the internet to find good equipment and think US Freedom Biofuels BD65AF Processor could be interesting. Does anybody have any experience or opinion about this product? Are there other good or better commercial small scale processors on the market?

2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
Seems expensive.. as well as under powered. At least its not made of plastic like some of the other junk out there.

You'll get a lot more bang-for-your-buck building your own system.

Also, keep in mind that most of these biodiesel manufacturers (not all) tend to grossly exaggerate the production capacity of their machines. Liberal estimates are usually based on using new oil under perfect conditions, or similar unrealistic circumstances.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
Hi Murphy,

Thanks for the informations. I will be sure to look at the website explaining how to build your own biodiesel ^rocessor.

Christian

posted Hide Post
Christian?; I've made biodiesel starting with animal fat and lard. There is one problem with it, besides just the technical aspects of manufacturing it, at a room temperature of about 75 degrees fareinheit some of the liquid solidifies. It's a higher temperature fuel. In winter biodiesel made from animal fat is a problem since part of it solidifies/crystallizes out. Solids in the fuel would clog a fuel filter in a car or truck. Now, I'm looking at 2 colorless glass 1 quart storage bottles, one with biodiesel made from lard, the other with biodiesel made from beef fat. They both are about 4/5ths full with biodiesel. Both bottles have about 1/2 inch of solids in the bottom of the bottles. These solids are the higher melting methyl fatty acid esters that are present in biodiesel made from animal fats. Room temperature here, now, is about 75 degrees fareinheit or 25 degrees centigrade, if you're using that scale. These examples of biodiesel are very pure, it's not crud from improperly made fuel that has precipatated out. Thanks

Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post