BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Check your floats!

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check your floats!
 Login/Join

posted
These el-cheapo floats I got off ebay a few years back have been working great to control my metering pump in my wood chip setup, until today.. Red Face
The float stuck and I pumped a good 15 or 20 liters all over my shop floor.
A combination of the cold and thick bio is what stuck it, I took it apart and cleaned it all up and its good to go again.
Moral of the story, don't neglect your float switches, they do gum up over time so check it each time you need it...

Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good tip!!

Thanks Jon!

GotDzel
Waynesboro, Virginia

gotdzel@gmail.com

Location: Waynesboro, VA | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I'll be damned I did it again!
This time I checked the float movement, no problem there...
Next time I will check that the actual pump shuts off too!
I dropped the float and it must have broken the hermetically sealed contacts inside leading to a large lake of biodiesel in my shop.... Red Face
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta love oil spills.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeh... terrible...
These floats are certainly fallible....
Cheers,
Jon