BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    looking for conical tank screw top

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for conical tank screw top
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All, no luck on finding a fuelmeister manual but I think I've put the puzzle together and am pretty sure I know how the thing is supposed to be plumbed. Now I am looking for a screw top for one of the conical tanks. I could cob one together but I would rather have the proper top. I called Cary MAnufacturing and they couldn't really help. If anyone knows of an abandoned fuelmeister or a parts source for these I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

brewing for a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD with a Fuelmeister I bought from a guy that was going to use it as a still...never did and his mother wanted it out of the house...

Location: East end of long island | Registered: May 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps if you posted a picture of the opening and the dimensions we could suggest something?

posted Hide Post
I have 2 conical tanks and I don't use the lid on either one, but they are 2 VASTLY different sizes.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lids both vented and not vent are available here: www.spwarehouse.ca

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biotom:
Lids both vented and not vent are available here: www.spwarehouse.ca

That's a good one! I'm putting in a 2000 gallon rainwater capture system and I don't have lids for either of my poly tanks...

Been looking everywhere...

Thanks!

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
Murphy,If they don't ship to the USA let me know what you need and I'll get it to you!

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
I didn't even notice they were in Canada... Darn it..

Well, I'll keep looking in the USA... If I don't find one, I might hit you up on your offer if they don't ship here.

I just finished the first phase of the system.. It will probably be another month or two before I get to the big storage tanks so I have time to hunt.

Thanks!!

www.MurphysMachines.Com

posted Hide Post
Want to bet that the "Canadian lids" are stamped "made in the USA" ?

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is one in the States

http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=ctlid

I'm your Huckleberry

Location: Waukesha, Wiskullsin | Registered: March 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for all of the responses. I just recently learned that I don't get notifications to my own posts unless I turn the notifications on!! Every other forum I've been on does it auto for the original poster. So I've just recently read all of your responses.

Anyone know the purpose of the top on the Fuelmiester with the metal mesh and plastic balls in it? There are also 2 barbed openings on it...not sure of the purpose of this.

thanks again.

brewing for a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD with a Fuelmeister I bought from a guy that was going to use it as a still...never did and his mother wanted it out of the house...

Location: East end of long island | Registered: May 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barley:
Hi All, no luck on finding a fuelmeister manual but I think I've put the puzzle together and am pretty sure I know how the thing is supposed to be plumbed. Now I am looking for a screw top for one of the conical tanks. I could cob one together but I would rather have the proper top. I called Cary MAnufacturing and they couldn't really help. If anyone knows of an abandoned fuelmeister or a parts source for these I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Oh man.. I had almost the same problem a while back.. I have a 1000 gallon water storage tank that is missing the screw top lid and the ring for the lid that attaches to the tank was also cracked.

I found plenty of sources in the USA for lids but they all sold the same thing.. They wanted $20 to $30 for the lid and then another $15 to $30 to ship it.. OUCH!

I finally found what I was looking for here:
http://www.spraysmarter.com/li...-lids/tank-lids.html

They have GREAT pricing and shipping was a flat five bucks via USPS... By far the best deal. I got my lid, it fits perfect and turned out to be a high quality part.. I think its even better than the lid the tank came with the tank.. the ring was certainly thicker.

Hope that helps,

www.MurphysMachines.Com