BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Equipment    Cone for propane tank

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cone for propane tank
 Login/Join

posted
Any one ever make a cone for a 500 gallon propane tank?

What should it be made out of 1/4 inch?

I have no way to roll them. Any idea what a fair price for a shop to charge to roll a 41" diameter / 45 degree cone would be?

I know a shop that can roll up to 3/4. Will get a quote from them tomorrow.

Location: NPR, Florida | Registered: January 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't need a cone for a propane tank, the dome end works perfectly.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. Still curious about doing it.

At the very least I would like to do one tank and just see how it compares when using the tank to heat and settle oil.

The reason being is that I have a large oil collection company helping me set a company up. So I told them my plan to use 500 gallon tanks to save on set up costs and their only issue was that it wasn't a true cone bottom. So as far as they are concerned it's not as good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Diablo,

Location: NPR, Florida | Registered: January 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
their only issue was that it wasn't a true cone bottom. So as far as they are concerned it's not as good.

Thats pure nonsense.
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you seen Jon and Fabricators respective setups? Not for the faint hearted.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post