BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  USA Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Virginia    BioDiesel home brewers from Virginia
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BioDiesel home brewers from Virginia
 Login/Join

posted
Calling all producers from Virginia!!! Trying to see who in all is from Virginia and are home brewing...Wanting to make as many contacts as possible...

99 GMC Turbo Diesel

Posts: 65 | Location: Portsmouth, VA | Registered: July 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I saw your request for Virginia residents on here. I live in Arlington, VA and I'm trying to meet people in the northern Virginia area who are actually doing biodiesel conversion from vegetable oil. Could you put me in touch with anyone? thanks, my email is israel@freealert.org

Posts: 7 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Making BioDiesel here at the Farm. Using a the appleseed. Still trying to work out the right balance for testing and mixing.

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at this page ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20012884776 http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20012884776) and check out all the people looking for a biodiesel Co-op in the DC AREA!!!

Shall we organize people? If you're ready, email me at israel at freealert.org israel at freealert.org!

Posts: 7 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, for those who are not on Facebook and don't want to be, here's the Arlington County Biodiesel Initiative web site (for now): http://www.puente-latino.com/diesel/

posted Hide Post
Hey Everybody,

According to this article http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/304443_biodiesel21.html b20 costs $2.85 in Seattle according... any idea why Navy Exchange in Arlington, VA (http://findbiodiesel.org/locations/101-Quarters-K-Citgo-Mini-Mart-Arlington-VA-US) is charging me $3.80+?

Is this biodiesel price gouging?

Israel

posted Hide Post
I am just beginning to learn how to make bio. I have set up an appleseed processor. Can someone contact me at stleitz@shentel.net to discuss the process and the issues I'm having so far? Much appreciated! Todd
quote:
Originally posted by schmoll74:
Making BioDiesel here at the Farm. Using a the appleseed. Still trying to work out the right balance for testing and mixing.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, been trolling strolling Wink around this site for a while and never posted. Charlotetsville on HB100.

Posts: 813 | Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Homemade processor on 2nd 20 gallon batch.

Posts: 37 | Location: Woodbridge VA | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to know more about your processor andyn...Are you having success findong oil sources up there??

99 GMC Turbo Diesel

Posts: 65 | Location: Portsmouth, VA | Registered: July 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am in the charlottsville area and getting closer to building a homebrewer. i'd love some help locally, especially on a group collection of wvo.
i see 300td all over the place in this area and i know people must be doing biod, just can't seem to locate them. and what ever happened to the "coop" in this area. all i can find out is that "the man" moved to seatle?

2006 jetta tdi
1996 dodge 2500 5.9 12 valve

Posts: 18 | Location: central va | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Georgeh,
I'm not familiar with the Charlottesville biodiesel community, but we have a lot of knowledgeable people in our biodiesel COOP (novabiodiesel.org) who may know who could probably put you in touch with the right people down there. If you email me at israel at cellalert.net I will post your request for Charlottesville contact to our group list. hope that helps.

posted Hide Post
I live in the city of Richmond, have an Appleseed processor almost complete. I have ~~ 150 gal of oil I have gotten from a Jamacian Rest. I have gotten titrations and 1L batches down.

You can call me at 366-6379

Posts: 2 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: January 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out here in Buckingham. Looking to meet up with the charlottsville people and talk some bioDiesel
talk to me

Posts: 8 | Location: buckingham, va | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vaman4215:
Calling all producers from Virginia!!! Trying to see who in all is from Virginia and are home brewing...Wanting to make as many contacts as possible...
I have the equipment to make Bio but can't because of where I live. I'm looking that can do it and for someone that would work together.
Bobby

Posts: 3 | Location: yes | Registered: November 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post