BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  USA Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Louisiana    Louisiana members
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Louisiana members
 Login/Join

posted
All Louisiana members send me a pm with your email and any other info you want. I'll put together a email list for us all.

Tim

Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I am not in La, I'm in Ms and can't seem to find any groups here. I, like alot of members, am in need of large amounts of wvo. If there is no objection, mind if I kinda hang with the La grp?

Location: Mississippi | Registered: November 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem at all clearshot. shoot me your info and I'll add you to the list.

Tim

Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, I am in Bossier City La. I have a couple sources which I could share after Dec as I will be heading to Az for winter. Where are you located and what kind of set up do you have? I have been using wvo for a year and a half. I use the Diesel Secret Method. So far only a couple bad experiences which were pretty much do to using poor quality oil and my filter not working.

posted Hide Post
sb55out,

I'm in Baton Rouge and the few that have responded are in Alexandria, Zachary, New Orleans and one in Mississippi. Not sure if other are just lurking and not sending in their info. But if I get someone close to you I'll pass along any info your willing to share.

Send me your info so I can add you to the email list.

I have been making Biodiesel for our 2 diesel vehicles since May of this year. I use a appleseed processor and make liquid soap from my by-product since I use KoH. I'm willing to help out anyone looking to to do the same.

Tim

posted Hide Post
Hello I am locateed in north west Louisiana BD appleseed reactor.

Location: north west louisiana | Registered: May 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm in the New Orleans area and am interested in building a appleseed processor for personal use. IU would be interested in meeting and/or talking with someone in the area that might consider helping me out.

Thanks

Location: New Orleans, La | Registered: November 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys, I am up in Shreveport and will be for the next few years. I have read the responses and don't think there are any more people up here. Am I right? Looking to work with someone or get some things moving up here.

Location: Shreveport, Louisiana | Registered: January 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also in Bossier city looking to use wvo conversion kit. any words of wisdom

posted Hide Post
Anybody close to New Iberia? Family has some sugarcane land. I've met some of the farmers and this could really help them out. Lot of frying going on down there I'd imagine. Maybe somebody wants to set up a co op in an old barn we're not using.

Location: Santa Fe and Austin | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're outside of Lafayette Louisiana and about to start WVO with a used Appleseed processor. Would like to connect with others in the area, maybe donate some oil for a fill-up until we're up and running?

Location: Lafayette, Louisiana area | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arla,

PM me...I'm in New Iberia and getting ready to build a processor.

Jack

Location: Somewhere in the swamp... | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I live near Leesville, apparently there are others around picking up oil from restaurants. I was wondering if you could use a 40gl gas water heater to make the reactor.

posted Hide Post
Greetings to all,
Im up here in N.E. LA. (Monroe area). I am just starting into making BD. (finished my first batch this morning (It was only a liter, but it was a start))and second batch is prossessing now. I will start increasing my batches after I feel more confident on the technique.
My short range plans the future, an appleseed prossessor within a month, and who knows from there......

Randy H.

Location: Monroe, LA | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slinger30:
I live near Leesville, apparently there are others around picking up oil from restaurants. I was wondering if you could use a 40gl gas water heater to make the reactor.

I would not do that. Methanol vapors could ignite, it just ain't worth it...

Location: Somewhere in the swamp... | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello to all my LA members,

I am looking to start a biodiesel company sometimes within the next 6 months in New Orleans. Look forward to speaking with you all sometime.

NOLA

Location: New Orleans, LA | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

I am from Baton Rouge and I am looking to get into making my own bio diesel. I really think it is the only economical way I could own a truck. I have learned alot from this forum, and I think I am going to build a appleseed processor soon. The two issues I have run into have been finding the consumables (methonal,lye, and oil). If anyone has any sources to purchase the Methonal or lye locally let me know. Also, any tips or sources for used oil would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IN LAFAYETTE
WILL HAVE BIO DIESEL SOON

posted Hide Post
Hi im just outside of lafayette, I have a appleseed reactor and have made many many gallons of biodiesel that i run in my truck and use for my business, would like to see if there are other members in my areato share in some knowlege., could also use another source of oil so that i can move up to making about 80 to 100gals. at a time.

posted Hide Post
Im in Denham Springs and ready to get rolling.

Location: Denham Springs, La | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi I Live in Mississippi also. What part do you live in? I'm in Walthall County. Send me some info and maybe we can help each other.

posted Hide Post
Hello Group, and Dr Who,

I am in Brookhaven, MS.

June is my self designated "Git r Done" month for Biodiesel.

I am assembling a homebuilt processor now.

Are you in Tylertown? How far along are you?

Anthony

06 Ford Superduty F250 6.0 Powerstroke

07 Kubota M4800

Location: SW Mississippi | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About to make my first batch next week in Lafayette. I have a source for oil, but I'm not sure if I can use it. Will oil from cooking cracklins work OK? I'm sure the veg oil content is not that high, but would it be ok to use this?

posted Hide Post
bruce my e-mail address blrb@bellsouth.net

posted Hide Post
Hi im in New Orleans, currently driving a 03 silverado 1500 and being raped at the pump. Just ordered a biopro 190, got my chemical dealers lined up, WVO source is in place. All I need to do is keep these dealerships on their toes, matter of fact I was just making up ridiculously low prices for f-250's and they dont think twice to give you $500 better deal and that wasnt even in person, they are desperate to get rid of these trucks. If you are about to buy an f-250 05-06 DO NOT accept anything less that 24,000 I dont care what options its' got.