Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1983 4D55 cylinder head
 Login/Join

posted
I Love this truck, and refuse to junk it... I jst need to find a more decent cylinder head than what I have got. So far no luck... I saw somewhere in Manila there's lots of parts for these? Anyone got any leads?

posted Hide Post
is it O.k. to convert the d50 to svo I am thinking of getting a 1986 4x4 and I haven`t done a conversion before

Location: baja california sur | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2010 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
Look for a Toyota head, they're the same, but equally as rare, also the 86 block fits the same specs.

quote:
is it O.k. to convert the d50 to svo I am thinking of getting a 1986 4x4 and I haven`t done a conversion before

I'd like to think so but the engine is very very sensitive. I now have an '86 block in an 83 that runs very well but at the first instance of water clams up and I'm still not sure what the issue is. But with 3k on a brand new rebuild I'm dealing with a knock that's either a bearing or injection failure and threatens to throw a rod. I'll post my symptoms in a new topic.

Save your oil - Fuel the planet
Dodge TD 50 2.3L '85 4D55 block; 4D56 head; HP injectors
4D56 2.5L water cooled turbo;
Racor coolant HE tank heater
Custom built 15A ILH.
supplying SWEP FPHE;
SVO; Greasecar tank custom system
MBZ 300TDT Elsbett single tank system. Racor 345RC coolant head filter; SWEP 30 plate FPHE vegtherm
Dino/VO blend main tank.

Triple barrel gravity settling
120 gal final phase aluminum tank.
Graco blue devil transfer pump

Location: Sonoma Coast Northern California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JennHayes:
I Love this truck, and refuse to junk it... I jst need to find a more decent cylinder head than what I have got. So far no luck... I saw somewhere in Manila there's lots of parts for these? Anyone got any leads?

Doing a search for this engine head, i came up with the following link.
http://www.automotix.net/20070706-used-mitsubishi-parts.html
http://www.headsonly.com/mitsubishi.htm

Randy H.

Location: Monroe, LA | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi I have a1983 D50 4x4 i live in loreto baja california .Im having trouble finding the oil air and diesel filters could you help mike

Location: baja california sur | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post