BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Isuzu & Mitsubishi    Mitsubishi Spacestar DiD on 100% Bio

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mitsubishi Spacestar DiD on 100% Bio
 Login/Join

posted
I am running my Mitsi Spacestar 1.9DiD Equippe on 100% Bio without any major problems.
I had two incidents only. The first was when I put my first full tank of 100% in and forgot to replace the fuel filter after. The second was when running plain WVO at temperatures below 0degC (32F) and hit the cloud point which clogged the filter.
The Spacestar is built in the Netherlands in a Volvo factory and badged as a Mitsubishi. The Engine, however, is a re-worked Renault diesel turbo.

Location: U.K. | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just as an amendment to the previous post.

We have just had our first major freeze in 10+years with temperatures down to -11degC (12degF). I have found a winter additive which has worked and has kept my biodiesel fluid at these temperatures (should be good down to -15degC and maybe down to -25degC).

posted Hide Post
And what additive is that you mentioned ?

Location: St.Paul | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The additive I have used which allowed the -10°C operation was Wintron XC30 from biofuel systems.