BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Isuzu & Mitsubishi    Stranded in Boise ID, rod bearing went bad

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stranded in Boise ID, rod bearing went bad
 Login/Join

posted
hi fellow greasers,

i have a 2000 mitsubishi fuso with an inline 6 cyl engine which developed a rod noise just as i came into town on the way to seattle from florida.
this vehicle is a box truck, onto which i built a 8 by 10 house kinda. it has ac heat kitchen shower and over 700 gal of grease in the back which almost gets me round tripp from seattle to florida and back without refuleing.

but this time i guess the ol grease gal did not quite want to go the rest of the way.

so not knowing the area i am wondering if anybody could recommend a decent diesel mechanic/shop around here.

the pan can be dropped and my hope is that maybe the rod bearing could be replaced in frame.

gee the beast only has 145 k miles on it, bought it used and sure never ran it low on oil or anything. oil analysis was good as well during the 20k miles i had it. sure bummed as heck, but thats life.

best to reach me via mail reinerh777 at yahoo.com

thx for all pointers Smile

1995 Isuzu FRR Box truck with direct injected 6 cyl 7.1 with 10000 veggie miles to date.
6 speed manual getting 12mpg average at 65mph

Location: florida | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post