BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Kingbuilt furnaces?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kingbuilt furnaces?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi again,
Still looking into various furnaces/boilers to burn my fuel to heat my house. I found this King Built brand that's built right near where I live. Their website is www.kingbuilt.com
I'm emailing back and forth with a rep. Looks like their boiler can burn waste veg oil, virgin oil, biodiesel, glycerine, crankcase drain oils, etc.

Haven't heard a price yet, still researching.
Have a great week,
Nick

Location: western wi | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickwi:

Still looking....found this King Built brand ... Looks like their boiler can burn waste veg oil, virgin oil, biodiesel, glycerine, crankcase drain oils, etc....
I know there is atleast one thread if not more on that product in here. Try searcing
"King Built" Yes use the quotes in the search

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HI
I bought a King built burner for a Buderus boiler I purchased separately in the spring of 2010.
I was advised by King Built to increase the electric heater temperature for pre heating the oil until the boiler came up to temp and this was done by the boiler water.
This caused the heater hoses to the water/oil heater to disintragrate causing:
1. Taco circulator to sieze up
2. Auto air vent to stick open
3. "Rubber" from hoses to line water/oil heat exchanger tubes.
The net result is that I cannot get the unit to burn waste oil as the pre heating system will not raise the temp above 95-100 deg F.
I was working with them to rectify this problem but learned they have sold out.
I presently am out the cost of : a new circulator, hoses, air vent and have a water/oil heat exchanger which does not appear to be working fully due to the deposits on the transfer surfaces.
DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE NEW COMPANY ?
Websters of Hampton

2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by websters of hampton:
I presently am out the cost of : a new circulator, hoses, air vent and have a water/oil heat exchanger which does not appear to be working fully due to the deposits on the transfer surfaces.
DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE NEW COMPANY ?
Websters of Hampton

If you don't get anywhere with help from the company, I have an idea to fix that heat exchanger...

Disconnect it and hook it up to a lacquer thinner recirculation system. Lacquer thinner has a way of dissolving pretty much everything it touches. They should call it "Dissolve everything thinner".

It might work..

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA