BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Built my first Turk Burner!

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Built my first Turk Burner!
 Login/Join

posted
I built my first turk burner this evening. I used an old Land Rover metal air cleaner can because it had a handy spout out of the side with a 2 1/2 inch flexible hose and a burner pot made from a 3 1/2 inch dia stainless steel toilet brush holder with 7 x 5mm holes 60mm from the bottom around it. I poured SVO into the burner lit it with a fire lighter block and used a hair dryer to blow down the flexible pipe. Wow what a fantastic burn!!!

Last winter I used a simple drip burner onto an evaporater plate in my wood burning stove and I am looking to improve the burn this year to stop the soft soot build up and a Turk Burner would seem to be the easiest way of doing that. The stove isn't that big so I need to keep the overall size down so I'm thinking why not inject the air direct rather than via a bulky outer jacket. If I feed 8mm copper tubes into the holes, wrap them round the pot to pre heat the air and then connect them to a larger diameter manifold outside the stove I can then attach a fan and blow the air directly into the burner pot and create the swirl.

Has anyone tried this direct air injection method or is there a terrible flaw in my logic?