BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Deville oil stove for heating shop with biodiesel

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deville oil stove for heating shop with biodiesel
 Login/Join

posted
Has anybody fueled one of these oil heaters with biodiesel? Assuming some adjustments could be made to run B100 fairly easily? time to start heating the work shop with homebrew!

http://philssawshop.com/devill...heating_unit.htm.htm

Location: West Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and picked up one of these heater for the work shop. It has a Toby carberator and I am hoping to be able to get it to run B100. Was looking for some input - will report back when it's up and running.

They are several available on E-bay for approx $225 (shipping included) right now from a guy down in North Carolina.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read through THIS DISCUSSION, it has lots of info relating to using biodiesel with float-type carberetor feed setups, you will likely need to modify the unit to flow the thicker biodiesel. There is also great info as to how to burn straight veg in the verious commercially made pot burners by adding a second fuel input to the burner.

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it's hooked up and currently burning a mix of 50 K1 and B100 very good, I think I will be able to start it up on Kerosene and then run it on B100 very easily - now I'm thinking about getting a Kuma stove for the house!

Does anybody know why these biodiesel stoves are not listed as qualifying for the $1500 tax credit?

posted Hide Post
I am not sure how efficient they have to be, but I believe the Kuma is eligible for the credit which is 30% of purchase price up to $1500.

Location: Chambodia | Registered: December 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Kuma website only lists the wood burning stoves as qualifying for the tax credit - trying to figure out how/if I can buy one of their oil stoves and the tax credit is a biggie.