BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    biodiesel does not work in the normal stove

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

biodiesel does not work in the normal stove
 Login/Join

posted
biodiesel does not work in the normal stove,
i dont i have tried i all i can to make it work but it wont
i made a biodiesel and i was like a kind of very happy that ,i will stop spending my money on kerosene,but the result was the case in the sense the biodiesel i made thinking it was going to help me to cut the dependence on kerosene,but i got it all wrong,

i have been thinking,but i dont realy know if there is anyway to make biodiesel stove that is a samll one that can serve u,
a small stove,
i dont know i have made research but i have only come up with this
waste oil heater Here
but i cant go on that project cos the materials are very expensive,i dont know if anybody can help me to get
the process to make biodiesel stove with the materials arround you,i dont know if that is possible
if any body can be of helpful to me i will be very grateful

thanks to this forum.

Imagekele.jpg (3 Kb, 31 downloads) stove

posted Hide Post
For a cook stove.... first one that uses a wick... wont work. Unless maybe you increase the wick size? Bio-D is thicker thus it wicks up slower.

check out the Protos cook stove. It will run off straight plant oil.. but the red diaper dopper babies will only sell it to third world countries. Only available in Phillipines... anyway...

check it out anyway for ideas on how to pressurize AND use a tube that sits in the flame to preheat/thin/help vaporize the the Bio-d for better ignition.

Please keep us/me updated on your progress

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Their website seems to be down but Goodfire Stoves in the Philippines have a unit that works well on biodiesel. You need to be able to heat the bowl with alcohol (recoverd methanol) first and then flow the fuel to it. It is a simple gravity fed stove.

Protos Stove Website

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "Protos" stove webpage is HERE.

This links to a website showing a home-built burner using the same looped vaporizer design, he was fueling it with biodiesel for testing, no new info since 2006. This links to a past discussion with more info about both of these burners.

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tim, incase you didn't see it, the Protos has been thru a revision. They are now manufacturing the Protos II.

But only still in the Philipins and they refuse to sell to non third world countries.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that but have not yet researched the changes. It looks like they added an outer wind shield at least. These folks seem to want mostly to get funding by grants. I have researched LOTS of nice products developed for third-world use, the developers websites are HEAVY in on-site research about local manufacturing, distribution etc, I wish I could convince somebody else to pay my way around the world to spend time wandering around interesting places to ask dumb questions. I have only found tech detailes on a couple of these products and they weren't developed by any huge non-profit think tanks.

This links to TOPAZes link in the "veg oil pressure stove thread", it links to the Protos newslatter. I find it interesting that there limited production of the stoves in the target countries has already pushed the price of vegoil high enough that some of the folks that bought stoves can no longer afford the fuel. The BSH folks have stopped production on the stoves and now are concentrating on how to grow more oil crops, must be more grants available for that.

There is a really nice 3rd-world oriented manual seed oil extracter/crusher that I am still trying to find tech details about, no luck over the last couple of years, lots of info on 3rd-world manufacturing and distrabution researching, plus tons of BS economic research papers and such, a couple of tiny pictures, but NO DETAILS.

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post