BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Winter #3 with my Kuma Stove
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter #3 with my Kuma Stove
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It's still an open flame. You could go around back underneath and stick a match in one of the air holes and it would light!

But if you've been using Torpedo heaters etc previously then this should be fine.

Mine is a Canadian made, Drolet Yukon model. Been heating our 1500 sq ft basement on Bio most all winter.Same thing though, have to shut it down every 2 weeks and clean about 1/2 cup of hardened ash-like crud out of the bottom. Takes less than 10 minutes, and I clean the glass at the same time.

posted Hide Post
Conspirator and all the other guys running their pot burners on Biodiesel etc.....
I've held back buying a pot burner and see that in the USA there have been lately two types of
burner which apparently are of Hunter Manufacturing and are called the SHA (small heater arctic). The appear to be ex USA Army. There are two types in this unit but both are the 'S' tube technology. Both are shown on You Tube. Any one know any more about these heaters please publicise. They seem very good as regards clean burning and eliminate the pool of fuel in the base of the Burner Chamber because a few ml of fuel is within the 'up tube' where the fuels' vapours go up and then down to be combusted after the tube is heated. The outputs are about 4 to 8 Kw

I see these are covered by patent ! ! ! !
I'd like to know all that's possible about these heaters and the means to buy one. The army surplus in the USA seem a bit vague re the exact details as to which one they'd like to sell you.

Location: Nottingham in England | Registered: August 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post