BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Heating with Bio Diesel in Pressure Jet burners

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heating with Bio Diesel in Pressure Jet burners
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone experience with high pressure fuel pumps when burning Biodiesel in pressure jet burners?
Suntec are experimenting with higher pressure pumps as advertised 2015 and some very big names are on the list of the 'gettogether' as of last year. I see the aim is to evaluate the burning of greater
percentages than the 30% bio diesel content of fuel posted by Riello.
Any one out there burning biodiesel with a pressure jet burner and achieving a clean turbulator/diffuser in comparison with the cleanliness found by burning Diesel D1 fuel?

I see the Blue Flame technology with it's red hot draught tube is still not capable of burning
a mixture of Bio greater than 20% as said by a German producer who makes them !

As I said a long time ago engineers were adjusting the pressure at the advised pressure of 200+ psi
on any pressure jet burner burning Class D1 (mineral diesel - 35 sec) fuel so why would lower pressures be claimed to be burning clean at lower pressures than that ?
Are these higher pressure pumps at 28 bar, the answer to the bio diesel burners prayers?
Common Rail engines = a pressure of approximately 24 000 psi. The Land Rover CAV pump injects at around 200 psi but OK it is then compressed but not without the pre burn chamber!

Location: Nottingham in England | Registered: August 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've had good experience using biodiesel/fuel oil blends or preheated biodiesel in a Riello burner.
Both strategies produce clean burning.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ran a Beckett on B100 for five years. Nozzle W80 and pushed forward as far as possible,PSI 150 or 140 don't remember exactly which.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear John ----- Jon Heron burnt Bio in his burner but I think it may have been a Becket;
Please can you advise what is the exact model Riello burner you have?
The associated nozzle data fitted and the air settings primary and secondary
and the pump pressure ?
I have 4 burners one being a Riello RDB3 +a Nu-way similar type to that burner
and a Selectos that I am going to fit a modified draught tube to as well as the
Suntec 28 bar pump that will be fitted to that burner and tested.
My Riello 40 G5 will burn cleanly re the smoke is ZERO but the diffuser/turbulator
gets fouled with unburnt fuel and this finding is with engine grade 60% bio +
40% kerosene.

I did have an Electro oil burner years ago that I cannot find.
That burner seemed to burn OK but it did not get a very long period of
test to evaluate if the diffuser / turbulator was going to keep clean.

Location: Nottingham in England | Registered: August 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Legal Eagle ---- Please can you advise what model is the Becket burner you have?