BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    WVO home heater
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WVO home heater
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Tim-

I just re-read your post from last april about wanting to try a catalytic converter, but it being too expensive. I don't know about your area, but where I live I see ads on craigslist or in the papers at least weekly this time of year for free cars-some even run and drive, but have some issue(s) which make the owner want to be rid of it and not want to go to the effort to take it to a scrap yard. I bet you could get a whole bunch of useful parts for your experimentation before dragging some old beater to the junk yard.

Two tank system on an '89 F250
Working on an 81 Chevy Chevette
Attempting to resurrect a rusted out 85 Ford Tempo

Location: Alaska | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys but I have been away for a while. I didn't take them down but maybe the free website I was using just killed them. I don't have time to post them right now but I would be more than happy to email them to someone and they can post them if they want. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Location: Kansas | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting those image links again

posted Hide Post
I just posted some new videos of my heater in operation on Youtube.com. One of them shows how much smoke is produced during typical operation and the other shows the burner.

With my design the combustion air enters through a tube at the top of the heater (see previous pictures above). Whenever you open the access port to view the burn pot you disrupt the optimum air flow meaning that the combustion air comes in from the access door rather than through the air intake tube located right above burn pot. I simply put a piece of glass in front of the access door to shoot the video. Hope you enjoy.

Burner

Exhaust

Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought you were selling/sold your heater because of some issues with neighbors? Do you still have it?

posted Hide Post
Yes, I still have it and it is still for sale.

A prospective buyer asked for some video of it in operation and I figured that there was enough interest in this thread (although not lately) that some here would like to see how the 'holey burn pot' actually functioned and how much smoke it produced.

posted Hide Post
too big for my 200sq foot cabin or I'ld buy it.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am relisting this heater for sale. Contact me if you're interested.