BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    I am looking to get a Home Biodiesel Freedom Fueler.

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am looking to get a Home Biodiesel Freedom Fueler.
 Login/Join

posted
The main reason I am thinking of this purchase is to feed my oil burning furnace. I currently do not own a diesel powered vehicle however if the Freedom Fueler performs well enough for me I would certainly consider buying a diesel truck.

My question is this can all oil furnaces burn biodiesel? I know my oil provider has advised me that if I am running low on fuel oil I can poor in some diesel to keep from runing the tank dry. They said it would burn just fine. Is that the case for biodiesel aswell?

Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada | Registered: January 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it depends on your burner system. Please post more info.

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ted;

First off the "Freedom Fueler" is a plastic set up, and you could do much better for alot less builting your own from a water heater.

There is an entire section on these forums (Heating with Biodiesel-this one)dedicated to just what you ask.

I am fueling an oil fired boiler with B100, using a standard Beckett AFG burner. A couple simple mods wil get it cycling reliably, although that said, the type of oil used can be a concern, especially if the holding tank gets anywhere close to cold.

*Can* it be done ? Yes, it IS being done by quite a few folks, but you have to start at the beginning with test vatches and then once you understand the process moving up to larger quantities.

Have you secured oil sources ? No point building a system if you can't feed it.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would second what legal eagle said about the freedom fueller, much better to build from scratch or assemble an appleseed kit. It will work better and cost a lot less.
I run a Riello 40 series burner on b100 although I add 10 percent kerosene in very cold weather to lower the viscosity of the fuel. The Beckett burner is popular in the US and seems to run well also.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post